Premier League 2018-19

He's certainly much better than mourinho, but not the right type of manager for them either.  They went for the wrong guy, guardiola was the one they should have gone for. 
Having not got him they should have given lvg another two years. His rebuild would have been complete by now.   Instead somebody is going to have  to come in and clean up Jose's mess as always.

Do you remember Man Utd under LVG? He didn’t have a clue where he was taking the team. He spent an absolute fortune making them one of the worst teams in Europe to watch.

Just looking through Man U's signings over the last five years. They're fucking dreadful.

Here's the best XI you could make from van Gaal and Mourinho's signings

Romero
Darmian     Poole   Rojo    Shaw
Blind
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
Herrera
di Maria     Martial

Grant
Dalot   Bailly    Lindelof
Matic
Pogba   Fred     Mkhitaryan
Sanchez
Zlatan Lukaku

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Just looking through Man U's signings over the last five years. They're fucking dreadful.

Here's the best XI you could make from van Gaal and Mourinho's signings

Romero
Darmian     Poole   Rojo    Shaw
Blind
Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin
Herrera
di Maria     Martial

Grant
Dalot   Bailly    Lindelof
Matic
Pogba   Fred     Mkhitaryan
Sanchez
Zlatan Lukaku

Who's Poole?

I read/heard journos who know Spanish/Portuguese football say the same things about Rojo, Bailly and Lindelof before they signed...decent player but not good enough for Man United. It doesn't look as if they were wrong. I don't think Shaw deserves the flack he gets though. He was in great form when he picked up his injury and has unfortunately had to suffer Mourinho when he started playing again.  

7 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Who's Poole?

I read/heard journos who know Spanish/Portuguese football say the same things about Rojo, Bailly and Lindelof before they signed...decent player but not good enough for Man United. It doesn't look as if they were wrong. I don't think Shaw deserves the flack he gets though. He was in great form when he picked up his injury and has unfortunately had to suffer Mourinho when he started playing again.  

There's just... nothing joined up about Man U. They've signed 8 central midfielders in five years but not with any set idea of how they're gonna play by the looks of it.

WhenI look at Man U's probable best starting XI only de Gea, Pogba (well... the one that plays for France) and Lukaku would trouble the starting XI of the rest of the top 5 so, on one hand, it's kinda amazing Mourinho got them into 2nd but, on the other hand, it's incredulous he's signed so many bang average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regan_Poole

30 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

There's just... nothing joined up about Man U. They've signed 8 central midfielders in five years but not with any set idea of how they're gonna play by the looks of it.

WhenI look at Man U's probable best starting XI only de Gea, Pogba (well... the one that plays for France) and Lukaku would trouble the starting XI of the rest of the top 5 so, on one hand, it's kinda amazing Mourinho got them into 2nd but, on the other hand, it's incredulous he's signed so many bang average.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regan_Poole

Totally agree. It's not even as if they've been buying cheap to try and save money. They've probably wasted a couple of hundred million. It's been a clusterfuck ever since the day they agreed to let Gill and SAF go at the same time while having no managerial successor in place.

5 hours ago, throbber said:

Do you remember Man Utd under LVG? He didn’t have a clue where he was taking the team. He spent an absolute fortune making them one of the worst teams in Europe to watch.

You don't have the understanding to comment.  He was doing an excellent job rebuilding the team.  Mourinho destroyed all that, now someone else will have to come in and start again.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Totally agree. It's not even as if they've been buying cheap to try and save money. They've probably wasted a couple of hundred million. It's been a clusterfuck ever since the day they agreed to let Gill and SAF go at the same time while having no managerial successor in place.

Did Fergie not pick David Moyes ?

United have been pish since the Vidic/Ferdinand partnership ended.

Edit - I'm giving the pair to much credit here, they still played in Moyes' season in 13-14 when United were laughable.

Edited by TheScarf

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

United have been pish since the Vidic/Ferdinand partnership ended.

Edit - I'm giving the pair to much credit here, they still played in Moyes' season in 13-14 when United were laughable.

Remember Moyes was showing them videos of Jagielka in training, claiming they should play more like him.

The same thing happened after Busby retired. It took them 30 years of mismanagement until they finally brought in Ferguson. In fact, I read somewhere (probably a Liverpool fanzine) that argued that United have only ever had three truly great managers, that actually met the clubs expectations, in their history. Some guy years before Busby, Busby and some guy years after Busby. You might be able to say the same about most clubs I guess, but that said, I found the history of picking bad managers at Old Trafford over the years astounding to be honest.

You don't have the understanding to comment.  He was doing an excellent job rebuilding the team.  Mourinho destroyed all that, now someone else will have to come in and start again.

Enlighten me then if I don’t have the understanding to comment, how was he doing an excellent job of rebuilding the team and where was he taking them? He made poor signings, had a completely unbalanced team full of left footers, got rid of Wellbeck and Hernandez for f**k all without bringing in suitable replacements leaving them short up front and had them playing absolutely atrocious football. I don’t have time to go through absolutely all of his signings and players he sold but In 15/16 he bought in Schneiderlin and Depay for about about the same money that City played for KdB.

It’s all been shite since the Moyes appointment. Sometimes it has looked alright for them and you think a title challenge is just around the corner but they are just going to drop too many points to trouble city this year. Mourinho’s not entirely to blame but the sooner he is gone the better.