Premier League 2018-19

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think it’s set up well for Liverpool. FA have given you the first game most weeks so City playing catch-up.

I fancy Burnley to shitfest a draw today.

Man City huge favourites GB but you never know. Liverpool have coped well with the added pressure of playing first. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You thinks it’s added pressure ? I think it’s an advantage as you get the points on the board.

Both have showed nerves of steel GB 2 top top sides. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

17 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Top sides win trophies. That’s what is remembered.

Both will be remembered for this one for years to come GB. One is even still in with winning the big one again :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

7 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s been a good race for title but if a team ends the season with no trophies it’s not great.

Thats one of the problems with modern football especially in England.

If one finished 25 points behind the other who have a bottomless pit of money the season before then there’s massive positives to take. 

No idea how how it’s a problem with ‘modern football’? 

4 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

If one finished 25 points behind the other who have a bottomless pit of money the season before then there’s massive positives to take. 

No idea how how it’s a problem with ‘modern football’? 

Because you get people like you in the fortunate position of being able to afford to travel to watch a successful team rather than support a local team like what would have happened before.

People like you claiming a Klopp is a brilliant manager despite having spent hundreds of millions at Liverpool and winning zero. You have him up there with Bob Paisley ffs.

People like you who think the Top 4 is a trophy as you get into Champions League. It’s not.

27 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Because you get people like you in the fortunate position of being able to afford to travel to watch a successful team rather than support a local team like what would have happened before.

People like you claiming a Klopp is a brilliant manager despite having spent hundreds of millions at Liverpool and winning zero. You have him up there with Bob Paisley ffs.

People like you who think the Top 4 is a trophy as you get into Champions League. It’s not.

Christ how many tangents do you want to take this off on :lol:

Guess you follow your heart GB. I’m not alone in taking the more difficult choice to follow a team a lot further away. 

A few £100 million is nothing these days even the great Bob Paisley spent a few bob. You’ll need to dig out a post where I’ve compared Klopp to Paisley because he’s not quite at the 3 European Cup and 6 League titles stage :lol:

No idea where you are getting a trophy for top 4 from either but there’s no denying nowadays it’s very important. Hence why Jurgen’s spending power has increased :)

I actually think more neutrals want Liverpool to win.

I’m not sure that’s true. It’s how it comes across in the media but I tend to see a lot more support for City. Many people seem to hate the media love-in for Liverpool.

I guess it depends, we know how easy it is on-line to see stuff that reflects our own thoughts and opinions.

17 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Christ how many tangents do you want to take this off on :lol:

Guess you follow your heart GB. I’m not alone in taking the more difficult choice to follow a team a lot further away. 

A few £100 million is nothing these days even the great Bob Paisley spent a few bob. You’ll need to dig out a post where I’ve compared Klopp to Paisley because he’s not quite at the 3 European Cup and 6 League titles stage :lol:

No idea where you are getting a trophy for top 4 from either but there’s no denying nowadays it’s very important. Hence why Jurgen’s spending power has increased :)

Follow your heart ? I’m guessing you are around my age so that makes you a Glory Hunter.

You have a Jürgen Klopp appreciation thread. Must have missed your Bob Paisley one.

In respect of top 4, you celebrate it every season.

I get choosing your team is a personal thing but I don’t get a guy from around Edinburgh travelling to watch a team in Liverpool. For me when I was younger part of my Saturday was going to the games with my mates. Few beers, banter etc. You just chose the trophies.

I’m not sure that’s true. It’s how it comes across in the media but I tend to see a lot more support for City. Many people seem to hate the media love-in for Liverpool.

I guess it depends, we know how easy it is on-line to see stuff that reflects our own thoughts and opinions.

I’d say for the neutrals this is actually very 50/50. The media fawning over Pep’s City the last few years has been cringey as f**k, but this season has been equally so for Klopp’s Liverpool.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Follow your heart ? I’m guessing you are around my age so that makes you a Glory Hunter.

You have a Jürgen Klopp appreciation thread. Must have missed your Bob Paisley one.

In respect of top 4, you celebrate it every season.

I get choosing your team is a personal thing but I don’t get a guy from around Edinburgh travelling to watch a team in Liverpool. For me when I was younger part of my Saturday was going to the games with my mates. Few beers, banter etc. You just chose the trophies.

Yep absolutely glory hunter. Great players, great to watch, the crowd, trophies loved watching them on the telly.   With only a dozen or so games on the telly every season it was usually Liverpool who were on.  

Started going with a few mates too, beers, banter etc get the same every week it’s just a bit further away. Have seen 1 trophy win in nearly 13 years I’ve seen more silverware watching the Welfare :lol:

Wouldn’t exactly say celebrating it but it’s definitely a success of sorts. 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Yep absolutely glory hunter. Great players, great to watch, the crowd, trophies loved watching them on the telly.   With only a dozen or so games on the telly every season it was usually Liverpool who were on.  

Started going with a few mates too, beers, banter etc get the same every week it’s just a bit further away. Have seen 1 trophy win in nearly 13 years I’ve seen more silverware watching the Welfare :lol:

Wouldn’t exactly say celebrating it but it’s definitely a success of sorts. 

Ok doke. Fair enough.

Falkirk was my only option. My Papa and my Dad started taking me at 4 year old.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Ok doke. Fair enough.

Falkirk was my only option. My Papa and my Dad started taking me at 4 year old.

Good stuff GB :). Count yourself lucky they followed the glory and didn’t take you a bit closer to home to the Shire :D