Premier League 2018-19

3 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

At this stage of the season, with the frequency of matches and having it all to play for, I doubt training is overly strenuous, so maybe the players are fresh and don’t need a rest?

Can’t say I’ve noticed anyone at Barca, Liverpool etc looking particularly fatigued.

It's been a big problem for Barca overplaying their top players in the past, if they'd looked after Messi in particular but also others better they would have wo the CL one or two more times.  Busquets needs a rest, Pique too.  Maybe Alba and probably Rakitic and Suarez and Messi always would benefit from one.  You also take the risk of injury.  They're at home to Levante tonight. I think it's crazy not to be resting guys like this.

I also have no doubt had Barca looked after Messi a bit better in 2013/14 and Argentina done the same (idiotic to play him in 3rd group game) then Argentina win WC14.

3 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

Liverpool, if anything, look better now than they have all season. And as if they're 1% likely to take any chances at this stage.

Playing very very well at just the right time Flutie :)

It's been a big problem for Barca overplaying their top players in the past, if they'd looked after Messi in particular but also others better they would have wo the CL one or two more times.  Busquets needs a rest, Pique too.  Maybe Alba and probably Rakitic and Suarez and Messi always would benefit from one.  You also take the risk of injury.  They're at home to Levante tonight. I think it's crazy not to be resting guys like this.
I also have no doubt had Barca looked after Messi a bit better in 2013/14 and Argentina done the same (idiotic to play him in 3rd group game) then Argentina win WC14.

What happened in the past is completely irrelevant.

Anyway, Champions League thread for this pish.

If you are 3 up by half time against Huddersfield then you are hardly expending any physical or mental energy staying on the park for the second half. 

I would be a bit annoyed if I was Shaqiri though. Klopp obviously doesn't trust him enough but he's a great squad player for a top side if you can keep him happy and match fit. 

24 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

If you are 3 up by half time against Huddersfield then you are hardly expending any physical or mental energy staying on the park for the second half. 

I would be a bit annoyed if I was Shaqiri though. Klopp obviously doesn't trust him enough but he's a great squad player for a top side if you can keep him happy and match fit. 

He’s been carrying an injury and got a decent 20 minutes. Tough competition for places with a big squad playing very well. 

Few things better in life than beating Spurs. 
Last side to beat them at Wembley, first side to beat them at the new place. 

The hammers were also the first to beat Arsenal at their new place. I was there and worried I’d be labelled a jinx and not be invited back.

Arsenal, Spurs and Man United have all only got 6 points from their last 5 games. Chelsea’s draw with Burnley means they have 10

It’s as if nobody actually wants those other two champions league places.

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The hammers were also the first to beat Arsenal at their new place. I was there and worried I’d be labelled a jinx and not be invited back.

And the last side to win at Highbury.

2 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

"best league in the world" as it stands this Brighton-Newcastle game has more chance of putting me to sleep than it does interesting me

Can’t believe you bought that one.