Premier League 2018-19

I doubt City would have Arnold ahead of Walker, or Robertson ahead of a fully fit Mendy.

As for Van Dijk, you could be right. As I said he's the only player that would walk in to City's starting 11 but they laughed at his asking price and instead (since you seem to be holding it to the pinnacle of all things (Pogba, FFS)) signed his partner in the TOTS, for nearly a third of the price less. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

I doubt City would have Arnold ahead of Walker, or Robertson ahead of a fully fit Mendy.

As for Van Dijk, you could be right. As I said he's the only player that would walk in to City's starting 11 but they laughed at his asking price and instead (since you seem to be holding it to the pinnacle of all things (Pogba, FFS)) signed his partner in the TOTS, for nearly a third of the price less. 

It’s all about opinions Del and the TOTS is always an interesting one as it’s a balanced decision across all the players who’ve played against them and know far more about it than the likes of you or me. 

Laporte cost them nearly £60 million and if they laughed big Virgil’s asking price it’ll be pretty much a first for them. Klopp went baws oot to get his man and we’ve all certainly seen why since :)

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
3 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The thing is, what clubs can guarantee winning trophies at the moment? Probably City (who I can't see Liverpool selling too) and Barcelona. Not a very big market.

Not winning trophies doesnt detract from the pull of say Real Madrid or the financial might of PSG

Agreed. That wasn't his point though, he said they would leave for trophies. If that is the only reason players wanted to leave then there aren't many clubs where you have more chance than Liverpool. Reached the Champions League Final last year, at least the semis this year, and 1 point away from winning the Premier League.

You could do a Neymar or Ronaldo and go and cruise to an umpteenth league title at Juve or PSG, but I'm not sure that would really be what a van Dijk or Salah would be after.

2 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Agreed. That wasn't his point though, he said they would leave for trophies. 

No I never. I said it's a short career, if they aren't winning trophies at Liverpool then they will (quite rightly) look to move elsewhere and challenge on other fronts. Experience different leagues. I've no idea what Salah or Van Dijk want in life, to have stories for their grandchildren about staying at Liverpool because they almost won something won't be it, I'd guess. 

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Rafa will come back to haunt his old club a week on Saturday anyway. Could genuinely see him effectively hand City the title by setting Newcastle up 5-4-1 and shit-festing a 0-0 that finally bursts the Liverpool bubble.

1 game at a time BU but will be a tough game. Apart from seeing a couple of big wins not had much joy visiting St James Park in recent times. 

2 hours ago, Dele said:

Ive no idea. You'd imagine the game changers like Mane would have several suitors. Fabinho might get a move to Barcelona as a long term replacement of Busquets (although he's not as disciplined in the role SB plays) 

Theres only one player that would get in City's team and they already overlooked him due to the asking price. I doubt they'd be willing to pay more than that now, you never know though. 

Lol, Fabinho can't even get a regular start for Liverpool, he'll never play for Barcelona.  De Jong will replace Busquets.

11 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Cant be just me that thinks this thread is just not readable anymore

It still has its moments G Man but we’ve come a long way in the last few years. At least we can have a reasonably sensible discussion nowadays. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit