Premier League 2018-19

Man Utd are the worst for pedalling the 'Man Utd way' and 'Man Utd DNA' type nonsense. I'm assuming it means fast, attacking football, which coincidentally is the 'way' of every single football club that claims to have one.

I can only think of the Wimbledon side of the early 90s which would run contrary to that - they took perverse pride in hoofball. Somewhat ironically, they genuinely were a long ball side.

Almost every team which pedals this “the X way” do so while claiming to play better football than everyone else, being special, having a lower budget than everyone else and being a bigger, better fan base than any other club.

Rashford is so overated. Mind when they were comparing him to Mbappe? [emoji23]

If I was Solskjaer, he’s the one solitary Man Utd player in that current crop I’d be keen to keep. The comparisons to Mbappe are ridiculous though. The rest at Man Utd? Show me the ££.

Man Utd are the worst for pedalling the 'Man Utd way' and 'Man Utd DNA' type nonsense. I'm assuming it means fast, attacking football, which coincidentally is the 'way' of every single football club that claims to have one.
It's the sort of shite that West Ham and Newcastle fans come away with.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
9 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's the sort of shite that West Ham and Newcastle fans come away with.

Those 2 plus Man Utd and Celtic are the worst culprits. It always seems to be based round a nostalgic view of a very  brief period in the club's history (Keegan's Newcastle, Ferguson's 90's Utd etc), and used as somehow representative of the club's entire philosophy, despite them having no distinctive style of play for the vast majority of their existence.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

11 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

Surely not ?received_392938648226143.jpeg

Going by Soccerway the last time Man United lost a league game at Old Trafford 2-0 was back in March 1991.  Everton won with goals from Mike Newell and Dave Watson. 

1 hour ago, lichtie23 said:

No Hazard is also a nonsense

Is it?  Who would you take out of the team for him?  Hazard has had a good season in spells but would you put him ahead of Mane or Sterling?

11 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
15 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:
Is it?  Who would you take out of the team for him?  Hazard has had a good season in spells but would you put him ahead of Mane or Sterling?

Would rather have Hazard than Pogba.

I’d rather have Hazard than Alexander-Arnold as well but it doesn’t really matter when they play different positions.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

PFA Team of the Year:

Ederson
TAA VVD Laporte Robertson
Pogba Fernandinho B.Silva
Sterling Aguero Mane

Great to see the 4 Liverpool players in there those 4 have been outstanding. 

I’d rather have Hazard than Alexander-Arnold as well but it doesn’t really matter when they play different positions.
I've not watched a lot of the division this year but I'm sure Hazard has played in midfield before.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
41 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I've not watched a lot of the division this year but I'm sure Hazard has played in midfield before.

He’s excellent in the Makelele role right enough.

3 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Going by Soccerway the last time Man United lost a league game at Old Trafford 2-0 was back in March 1991.  Everton won with goals from Mike Newell and Dave Watson. 

It was also the day Ryan Giggs made his Man Utd debut.

It'll be interesting to see how Liverpool react if they do end up with 97 points and finish 2nd.  Any way you look at it, that is an exceptional season but surely it's one that'll hurt badly.  Is it a one-off though, or is it something they can maintain moving forward?  Nobody thought City could do what they did last year again, and it looks like they'll get 98 points to follow up last year's 100.  That's also with large spells without the likes of Aguero, De Bruyne and Fernandinho. 

Man City could realistically dominate for the next five or six years, depending on how long Guardiola stays on for.

Also, has an English club won the domestic treble before?

Edited by Desp

25 minutes ago, Desp said:

Also, has English club won the domestic treble before?

Not that I can see from a quick Google.

Found out that Arsenal got a gold trophy specially made for the invincible season. Quite smart, tbh. 

Edited by Dele