Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Rab B Nesbit

Premier League 2018-19

Recommended Posts

Just now, buchan30 said:

Hughes the 1st managerial casualty of the season?

Everton have been excellent although Southampton defence was all over the place in that first half. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^ Danny Ings rarely plays football and is just fond of getting a game. He has spent most of the last three years in the treatment room or on the bench. Ings was a waste of money like Origi, Markovic, Klavan and the Kalamity. Solanke has been a disappointment so far. Klopp, however, does seem to be learning from his recruitment mistakes and not before time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Hughes seems to do a good enough job to keep teams up, but when he is given teams to start a full new season it just goes to pot.

Mark Hughes is utterly deluded - https://www.football365.com/news/hughes-targets-european-place-for-southampton

"Southampton boss Mark Hughes thinks now is the best time to play Everton.... The Welshman said: “We view last year as a setback to where the club wanted to be but more a lump in the road. We want to be in the top half of the Premier League, hopefully competing for European places.”

:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get West Ham in the sea. An absolute shitshow of a club!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Vardy off! :)

Ten minutes ago. Are you watching on Ceefax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Harry Kane scores in August. Stop the clocks :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

^ Danny Ings rarely plays football and is just fond of getting a game. He has spent most of the last three years in the treatment room or on the bench. Ings was a waste of money like Origi, Markovic, Klavan and the Kalamity. Solanke has been a disappointment so far. Klopp, however, does seem to be learning from his recruitment mistakes and not before time.

Klopp didn’t sign him, Origi or Markovic. They have also sold him for twice the tribunal fee paid for him. And you missed out a few other certain signings :lol:

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everton looked pretty good going forward, but the defence had plenty of scares - especially from set-pieces. I'm not convinced Mina will sort that. 

At times, they missed Schneiderlin, who's pretty good at drawing pressing players and laying the ball off, helping build from the back. 

The front four look very good so far. I don't really know enough about Bernard or Gomes to say whether they'll improve it further. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Klopp didn’t sign him, Origi or Markovic. They have also sold him for twice the tribunal fee paid for him. And you missed out a few other certain signings :lol:

 Ings has not been sold yet and is on loan. The transfer fee "profit" could just about cover his wages - £60k a week.

And I did not say that Klopp signed all of them. I said that he had learned from mistakes, e.g, signing Alisson and dumping Klavan. 

Btw, Klavan was on a ridiculous £55k a week. Matip is on £70k a week and Mignolet is on £60k a week. It's like burning money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

 Ings has not been sold yet and is on loan. The transfer fee "profit" could just about cover his wages - £60k a week.

And I did not say that Klopp signed all of them. I said that he had learned from mistakes, e.g, signing Alisson and dumping Klavan. 

Btw, Klavan was on a ridiculous £55k a week. Matip is on £70k a week and Mignolet is on £60k a week. It's like burning money.

Loan with a permanent transfer to follow. 

Klavan was a good signing and wouldn’t necessarily say he was dumped. 

That’s the going rates, less than other clubs around them however let’s face it ... he’s got money to burn :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mark Hughes is utterly deluded - https://www.football365.com/news/hughes-targets-european-place-for-southampton
"Southampton boss Mark Hughes thinks now is the best time to play Everton.... The Welshman said: “We view last year as a setback to where the club wanted to be but more a lump in the road. We want to be in the top half of the Premier League, hopefully competing for European places.”
:lol:


He seems to think he is a better manager than he actually is. His best one was when man city won the league against QPR, but QPR still survived. He came out and said “as long as i’m at this football club, we won’t be involved in a relegation fight” and the start of the following season they were bottom of the league with a handful of points after 5 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i can see tge charity shield (lets face it a relatively pointless game) being moved abroad. near guarentee it will involve 2 of the big teams each year so a huge money maker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i can see tge charity shield (lets face it a relatively pointless game) being moved abroad. near guarentee it will involve 2 of the big teams each year so a huge money maker


Think france and spain done that with their equivalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...