Premier League 2018-19

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:D ... I’m sure it was talked about a few years ago Mel - game 39. 

I honestly don’t think it will the back lash from the fans would be too much. 

The whole 39th game thing is a sham.

The idea that teams play an extra game against ??? meaning each side no longer have the same schedule is somehow meant to be fairer than clubs giving up a home game in alternate years.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Clubs are incredibly greedy and don’t care much about the opinions of fans.

I get all that but personally think the clubs will get met with too much resistance to games abroad. Guess time will tell :)

15 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I will be very surprised if the PL doesn’t try to cash in on going abroad. I think most of the owners are probably quite annoyed that La Liga has done it first.

Hmm. I think they’d have had the chance first but know it’s a non starter. 

39 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You're incredibly naive.  The domestic fans don't matter worth a fk now.  As soon as they work out a way acceptable to the clubs it will happen.

Of course I get all that but there’s still a line. 

Maybe it will improve the quality though, no matter how much money they've thrown at it it still lags miles behind la Liga which isn't nearly as rich. They're obviously doing something wrong in the premiership.

More people across the world watch the ‘Premiership’ than La Liga, so the quality can’t be too bad. It’s a phenomenal success story.

Meanwhile La Liga have had to introduce a rule that sees clubs fined if their stadiums get too empty, and now this decision to move games out of the country. They really are failing to keep up despite having Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico (although the rest are pretty dross).

The only surprise here is that Mintermind doesn't think it's an absolutely amazing, outstanding, brilliant idea for the greatest league in the world to play a game abroad infront of the worldwide fantastic audience.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

41 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

More people across the world watch the ‘Premiership’ than La Liga, so the quality can’t be too bad. It’s a phenomenal success story.

Meanwhile La Liga have had to introduce a rule that sees clubs fined if their stadiums get too empty, and now this decision to move games out of the country. They really are failing to keep up despite having Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico (although the rest are pretty dross).

You mean like Sevilla who hosed Liverpool in the Europa league final?  La Liga has been the number one ranked league in Europe for about twenty years champ.  It shits all over the EPL. Adele sells more records than Jimi Hendrix it doesn't mean she's better.

You’ll never hear me say that the EPL is the best league in the world - I challenge anyone to prove what the best league is. It could be La Liga, it could be EPL, it could be Bundesliga. There’s no answer.

What is fact is that the EPL is most watched league on the planet, of that there is no doubt.