Premier League 2018-19

I've always seen Fabianski as a bit of a dud tbh. Hart has had a horrific few seasons. At his peak, I'd put him ahead of Adrian or Fabianski. What the f**k has happened to him though?! I know he was always overrated, but he wasn't the disaster he's been for the past 3 year.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Agreed. Adrian is better than Fabianski IMO.

West Ham have consistently lost a large amount of goals defending set pieces when Adrian has played.

It's always difficult to tell how good a 'keeper is from just seeing them for a couple of minutes on MOTD but I've always had the perception that he's really poor coming for crosses and also drops quite a lot. I don't know if Fabianski will be an upgrade but he does always seem to me more of a complete 'keeper all round and flourished since he left Arsenal.

After a 6 week break since Kiev back to it yesterday with a good wee trip to Chester. Since Klopp has came in he has started pre-season with 3/4 games around the North West which is great for the finances of the clubs and for folk like me who like to see them at different grounds. 

With Chester struggles financially (again !) they were given all of the £30,000 gate with the game sold out well in advance. Quite a few gaps though with some choosing to watch the England game in the pub instead. 

Fabinho played in the first half and was quite quiet in a bit of a flat performance. 2-0 at the break tough Harry Wilson with two very tidy finishes. 

Different XI for the second half and it ended up 7-0 with Sturridge getting 2, Milner and Ings with the others. First sight of Keita who was an absolute stand out :)

Decent game in baking hot conditions. 

92868255-EFCD-4662-B18E-671A8453C9CD.jpeg

0CF90904-CBD0-47C2-A466-D3D538017BE8.jpeg

27C3F972-763C-4518-B57A-012792796BBA.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

You head to Tranmere Robert? Karius comes on at half time and Liverpool nearly let a 3 goal lead slip.

No I didn’t Scotty had to make do with Whitehill v Newtongrange Star :)

I’ve just seen his mistake for the goal not clever at all !  

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Still concussed. Sergio Ramos’ fault IMO.

Definitely. Wait another few days and get him back to the doctors ... :D 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Last season was a bit dull in the league (they still won the FA Cup), but his impact in the 16/17 season was incredible. He got a large number of Premier League clubs playing a back three, and the rest of the league couldn't cope with his side. 

I'm really interested in seeing how Sarri does. 

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Andy Carroll, and Winston Read, out for 3 months after further injury.  You shouldn't really laugh, but...

And Lanzini is out for a few months with an ACL injury. Carroll and Reid had bad injuries last season too. West Ham have signed Yarmolenko, Diop, Fabianksi, Fredericks and Wilshire. They need cover for those three injured players but it's a better squad than last season.  

A few snaps from yesterday ... Bury 0 Liverpool 0. Klopp made 10 changes at the break both Liverpool sides a mixture of experience and youth and both were pretty disappointing. 

Having said all that Naby Keita again looked class and Fabinho put in a few good tackles. Karius got just over an hour and wasn’t really tested. Ward to start v Blackburn on Thursday be interesting to see if he gets the nod next season. 

6F4236F2-F969-474E-ACD2-F91261264AE6.jpeg

4150B1F0-0651-46E6-B035-FF9752026C38.jpeg

011D5A73-4690-4200-B8F3-8AB130DCD167.jpeg

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

A few snaps from yesterday ... Bury 0 Liverpool 0. Klopp made 10 changes at the break both Liverpool sides a mixture of experience and youth and both were pretty disappointing. 

Having said all that Naby Keita again looked class and Fabinho put in a few good tackles. Karius got just over an hour and wasn’t really tested. Ward to start v Blackburn on Thursday be interesting to see if he gets the nod next season. 

6F4236F2-F969-474E-ACD2-F91261264AE6.jpeg

4150B1F0-0651-46E6-B035-FF9752026C38.jpeg

011D5A73-4690-4200-B8F3-8AB130DCD167.jpeg

How's the midfield been setting up? Keita and Fabinho behind your front three looks incredible. Only issue is your third midfielder. 

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

How's the midfield been setting up? Keita and Fabinho behind your front three looks incredible. Only issue is your third midfielder. 

Same as in Chester they played in different halves RG. Fabinho was very much holding yesterday, Keita got forward and caused a threat. Milner and Lallana of the other 1st team midfielders both played the first half. Henderson and Gini W still to come back and eventually Chamberlain so not short of options.