Premier League 2018-19

18 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I know both teams have players missing but based on this game Man City look a lot better than Chelsea.

Unsurprisingly, Chelsea missed Willian and Hazard more than City missed De Bruyne and Sterling. A fit Mendy and Mahrez will strengthen City this season. 

Chelsea need a top central defender and prolific striker. Morata has been a big disappointment and Giroud looked slow in Russia. That leaves Abraham, not great in a poor Swansea side last season,  and Batshuayi who wants to leave.

Off to Liverpool v Torino tonight, last run out before the big kick off on Sunday. 

Strong line up ... 

Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Phillips, Moreno, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Keita, Mane, Salah, Firmino.

Looking forward to it :)

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

You can't ever read anything into friendlies. Ever.

Now you are being a drama queen because we know that but there are good and bad pre-seasons where the signs are rightly encouraging or maybe not so :)

Nope. I've seen good pre-seasons lead to utterly shit seasons and vice versa. Certainly more than enough to know that pre-season is not a judge for any team.

And you'd be saying the exact same thing if you were losing every game. Just so happens you're not and so are reading more into it than you should be.

You may well go on and have a good season, but that won't make anything I just said wrong.

Liverpool 3 Torino 1

I believe that this was the first ever meeting of these two clubs and good to see a different side at Anfield. 

Decent friendly with the first half better than the second as is usually the case with all the subs. 

Firmino and the inpressive Wijnaldum both scoring after Fabinho had missed from the spot. Liked the look of Andrea Belotti who finished well to make it 2-1. Daniel Sturridge added a third late on - what a pre-season he has had! 

Roll on Sunday now and West Ham at home as all the fun and games starts properly again for another year :)

0698B8D2-B6D4-4271-AA1A-2D47AF309943.jpeg

2E5498C4-BCA7-4CF6-82D3-20A428330B22.jpeg

FA0DA26D-89B1-4B4D-9A6B-07F4EF1F278E.jpeg

AC9C1D16-8FDD-429B-A91D-61B6ECC179BE.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Nope. I've seen good pre-seasons lead to utterly shit seasons and vice versa. Certainly more than enough to know that pre-season is not a judge for any team.

And you'd be saying the exact same thing if you were losing every game. Just so happens you're not and so are reading more into it than you should be.

You may well go on and have a good season, but that won't make anything I just said wrong.

Just roll with it Wilko ... :D 

12 hours ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

For what it's worth, I enjoy watching Liverpool under Klopp so hope they do well. Entertaining teams will always have my backing. 

Always considered them to be a hugely unlikable club but agree with this sentiment,wouldn't begrudge them it at all.

With the season about to start, here is my predicted table that will most likely be quite wrong

1. Man City

2. Liverpool

3. Tottenham

4. Chelsea

5. Man Utd

6. Everton

7. Arsenal

8. Wolves

9. Leicester

10. West Ham

11. Burnley

12. Newcastle