Premier League 2018-19

26 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Where the hell are all these Pep to Juve rumoured coming from?

He denied it himself a week or so ago but reliable news agencies are starting to report it with quite a lot of detail.

They're claiming he will be more than halving his current wage. 

Yeah, I think it's fair to say its bullshit clickbait. 

They're claiming he will be more than halving his current wage. 
Yeah, I think it's fair to say its bullshit clickbait. 
Isn't he on ~£20m/year at Man City? Juve apparently offering around ~£21m/year.

I don't think he'll go at this time but it seems like there's something in it. Maybe a backup plan in case there was a CL ban or preparing to go next season.

9 minutes ago, charger29 said:

Isn't he on ~£20m/year at Man City? Juve apparently offering around ~£21m/year.

I don't think he'll go at this time but it seems like there's something in it. Maybe a backup plan in case there was a CL ban or preparing to go next season.

I've fucked up then, what I read was €24m over 4 years and just assumed €6m a year. 

Either way, he's contracted for another 2 years, I can't see Juve spending so big on a manager (though I've seen Man City want Cancelo so might do deals like that). 

I don't think he will go this summer but if he does...

Don't want to sound like yer da, but I would really like to see him go to a club that isn't a fucking behemoth. I understand that he needs world class players to understand and execute his style, however his selection of clubs has been rather boring. No doubt head to PSG in a few years too.

I'll just quote this post if he does move there this season.

Don't want to sound like yer da, but I would really like to see him go to a club that isn't a fucking behemoth. I understand that he needs world class players to understand and execute his style, however his selection of clubs has been rather boring. No doubt head to PSG in a few years too.

He said he would love to manage Brescia one day, so you may get your wish.

Did Spain, Germany, England. He takes over Juventus and then wins that also.
Hopefully he does go to the Italian league as all is left for him is to win champions league with man city

He won in Spain, Germany and England by taking over the teams that were already the best in those respective leagues though and Juventus would be the exact same move. Also the Champions League is quite a big trophy to win for Man City (it also was for Bayern which he never came close to winning) and most at the club would swap the premier league title to be in the CL final this year. What a strange post.

A strange post ? I'm in agreement... ?

Maybe he likes travelling...

Maybe I just perceived your post in a different way it was intended but the success he has had has been from taking over top teams with great players who were already there.

You’re right about travelling, would be quite the life strolling about the top European clubs and getting them to play out of this world football right enough so fair play to him.

The Guardiola to Juventus thing came up a while back, saying he was going to go there this summer. Rather than give the usual non answer, Pep pretty much said it was bullshit.

I'd guess this is just a rehash of that rumour.

On 19/05/2019 at 11:27, G_Man1985 said:

Everton are in talks to sign goalkeeper Jonas Lossl, whose Huddersfield contract expires this summer.

A back up to pickford I presume

Only if Stekelenberg leaves which is possible. Probably a cheap 3rd choice option.

With lots of loanees returning, including a few expensive duds, Everton have a lot of players to unload this summer.