Premier League 2018-19

Chilwell is just what Shaw was before they signed him. But bringing in another truckload of English diddies on inflated fees - throw in Slabface McGuire to solve their central defence as well - would definitely add to their banter years project.
If they are English take a zero off their valuation and you'd get a truer reflection of their real value.

You could make up 2 teams of English players who were overrated and going to be the next big thing who turned out to be shite.

Just now, Mastermind said:

This is going right down to the wire but City huge favourites now. Great title race this season, been excellent

It has Mastermind fair play to Man City they held their nerve under some serious pressure. 

15 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Early days but I think Manchester Utd have made yet another managerial appointment boo boo. The gulf in class here is a yawning chasm.

I think it's clear they've made a mistake. Louis Van Gaal was interviewed a month or so back and made the point Solksjaer hasn't improved United at all, hes actually made them more defensive, it's just that opposition teams haven't been as good against them, and that once that inevitably turns they'll revert to form.

Apparently Tottenham had more possession, territory, and almost double the shots on target against Solksjaers United than Mourinhos, but De Gea had an absolute stormer and Solskjaer won it. 

Hes since been proven correct.

14 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I don’t understand why they didn’t just wait until the summer?

Because those making the decisions are absolutely clueless and just try to keep fans buying tickets.

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

It has Mastermind fair play to Man City they held their nerve under some serious pressure. 

Have the not now won something mental like 18 of the last 19 games? 

If they are English take a zero off their valuation and you'd get a truer reflection of their real value.

You could make up 2 teams of English players who were overrated and going to be the next big thing who turned out to be shite.

I think you could do this for almost every football playing nationality in the world.

1 minute ago, The Chief said:

Gary Neville is talking some absolute rubbish tonight. Manchester Utd were terrible in that match and he's talking like they played well and did the best they could do with the players they have. Utter nonsense.

Agree with that, Keane just took him right back down to reality that Man U a a poor team 

15 minutes ago, The Chief said:

Gary Neville is talking some absolute rubbish tonight. Manchester Utd were terrible in that match and he's talking like they played well and did the best they could do with the players they have. Utter nonsense.

They probably did the best they could with the players they have, the players they have are shite.  That's what happens when you give Mourinho a team and some money.

21 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

I think you could do this for almost every football playing nationality in the world.

No just English, due to the quota factor.  Each team has to have a number of English players, and the short supply of good ones dictates the price goes up for them exponentially.  Also they are hugely overhyped.  They are generally about double or three times as much as they're actually worth.

United are hopeless, Fred gave the ball away everytime he had it! How did he cost £50 million??

Iv always stuck up for Pogba when arguing about him with my dad saying Mourinho didnt k ow how to use him etc but its getting harder anr harder to defend him as he looks like he is phoning it in!

Also has Sanchez bee. Space Jammed and all his footballing ability stolen?