Premier League 2018-19

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Why cant they wait to see if Tottenhams madsive single tier stand generates any actual atmosphere before wanking furiously over it?

When they said it was called the "wall of sound" I just burst out laughing. Aye, famous for it right enough.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

You cant just say "he's out spent city by 100mill last summer" and use it as a stick to beat klopp with, tally up the total squad cost and then beat him if its more than city's spend, infact add up liverpool, city, chelsea, man united, who'd have spent the most on their squad 

Man City - £777m

Man U - £661m

Chelsea - £524m

Liverpool - £488m

For perspective, Real Madrid are £439m, and Barca are £641m. Atletico Madrid are £263m.

That's apparently the transfer fee values of the squads.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Man City - £777m
Man U - £661m
Chelsea - £524m
Liverpool - £488m
For perspective, Real Madrid are £439m, and Barca are £641m. Atletico Madrid are £263m.
Its absolutely hilarious that Man U, even on paper leaving performances aside, have spent that for so few players you would ever pick for a top side

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
Man City - £777m
Man U - £661m
Chelsea - £524m
Liverpool - £488m

Its absolutely hilarious that Man U, even on paper leaving performances aside, have spent that for so few players you would ever pick for a top side

Youd wonder if theyd overtake City if you added in wages, tbh.

PSG were £730m-ish I think.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

When did Chelsea spend that on a goalkeeper?

The reference to Klopp's spending came from his own hypocrisy (he didn't want to spend that money and get success that way apparently) and Rab saying they never spent to City levels last year, when they actually outspent city by £100m last summer. He's become the chequebook manager he said he wouldn't be, hasn't won a trophy yet but still has all the hipsters frothing about him. 

The facts are he hasn't won a trophy in seven years. He has spent an utter fortune yet people suggest he is working some miracle to have Liverpool in these positions. They should be in those positions given their spend. It would be disgraceful if he had them nowhere near the title again. Being in the mix is a bare minimum.  Look at what Simeone has done in the last seven years, winning trophies against giants with nowhere near the budget whilst Klopp has returned nothing. He must deliver at least one trophy this year. Anything else is a clear failure. 

That's just nonsense, and typical talk of a football fanboy.  Its not as simple as that, if he gets 95 or 97 points and misses out on the title by a point or two its utterly idiotic to describe that as failure.  

I can see Man Utd getting something tonight unfortunately. They have done the square root of f**k all this season so it would not surprise me in the slightest if they fluked a result at the worst possible time

16 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I can see Man Utd getting something tonight unfortunately. They have done the square root of f**k all this season so it would not surprise me in the slightest if they fluked a result at the worst possible time

Why would it be the worst possible time Twinkle ? ... :D 

22 minutes ago, frankthetank22 said:

Can't see it happening Rab.  I hope I'm wrong but tonight has City win written all over it.

Can’t either to honest frank now that the new manager bounce has faded they are hopeless. 

Genuine question (although maybe the wrong forum in which to ask it) - would real Man Utd supporters from Manchester generally prefer Liverpool or Man City to win the league? 

There is a video on the BBC Sport website with them asking that exact question

40 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

There is a video on the BBC Sport website with them asking that exact question

What was the consensus? In work so can't really watch videos without giving away that I'm fannying about.

My suspicion is that the ones who live in Manchester would prefer Liverpool because they need to put up with slaggings from City supporters but the ones who live outwith would prefer City to win because they view Liverpool as bigger rivals, will know more Liverpool supporters than City supporters and will be preoccupied with holding the record for total number of titles won. 

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Man City - £777m

Man U - £661m

Chelsea - £524m

Liverpool - £488m

And people think klopp should be winning trophies but that pep is the dugs baws lol

Let's face it. It's only really the domestic cups where Liverpool have really underperformed this season. Are people really going to be looking at a team with 90+ points in the league and going out in the semi finals to Barca or potentially losing a final against what will clearly be a very good side, and say "oh well, that's not good enough" and be serious about it?