Premier League 2018-19

What is the world coming to. 

Please see revision 2 of the aforementioned post.

Okay, day time drinking, sunny weather and posting on p&b don’t mix then. There are few things finer than a pint in the sun, there are few things worse than reading the last page or 2 of this thread sober.

I’ve also corrected my typo in rev.2. Now to be referred to as rev.2.1.

Chelsea vs Burnley tonight. Can’t see anything but a home win but hopefully get an entertaining game and Hazard putting on a show

I hope Hazard doesn’t play or has a nightmare, followed by some big performances by Son and Eriksen tomorrow, Aguero and Sterling on Wednesday to put me top of my works FPL mini-league.

It is a tad weird haha

Football fans are a bit weird

Football fans who travel home and away are weirder

Football fans who do travel home and away but don’t even live local to their home games are weirder still.

Bearing in mind that there are people sat near me at Tynecastle travelling up from Manchester to watch this Hearts side it’s fair say that Rab’s not the weirdest weirdo out there

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
5 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

E441AA3F-F09F-47DD-9E39-47A0F2293ADD.thumb.jpeg.c1b601a411b322e931374164fcf0f89a.jpeg

Not a leading question, a genuine one out of weird curiosity. Why did you cover the Row and Seat?

Most folk usually do when putting on twitter etc just to be safe. Don’t suppose it’ll really matter but never know. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

And if you read my post properly you’ll see that I mentioned the good work done before him. He does deserve credit for giving them all a chance initially, developing them and lots were then sold on for very good money. 

While not near Man City levels he certainly spent big  last summer but by god he spent it well :). No trophy’s yet but on the 21st April he is potentially 6, and hence why the Lolverpool squad have been in hiding for months, games away from winning the League and European Cup :)

If he wins neither it has still been a fantastic season. I’ve seen various League Cup / FA Cup wins and while nice, this has been the best season since the late 80s. Hopefully a trophy or 2 will follow :)

You can't seriously claim he had a major role in the huge fees coming in. Also, Liverpool spent £170m last summer, over £100m more than City. He is spending his way to success, contradicting what he said when he first started the role. It's hilarious how the hipsters forget his lack of success.

That you've enjoyed the season is nice, he needs at least one trophy to justify his gargantuan spending or it will be another year of failure for him. Seven whole years without a trophy is awful, he just doesn't compare to successful managers like Guardiola, Mourinho or Simeone. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Football fans who do travel home and away but don’t even live local to their home games are weirder still.

Bearing in mind that there are people sat near me at Tynecastle travelling up from Manchester to watch this Hearts side it’s fair say that Rab’s not the weirdest weirdo out there

Crazy isn’t it. Couldn’t be ersed going along the road to the shop today but travel to Portugal and South Wales and back in the space of 4 days for 2 x 90 minutes of fitba :lol:

Saw a fan with a Cowdenbeath scarf get on at Warrington heading to the game a few weeks ago ! 

8 minutes ago, JMDP said:

You can't seriously claim he had a major role in the huge fees coming in. Also, Liverpool spent £170m last summer, over £100m more than City. He is spending his way to success, contradicting what he said when he first started the role. It's hilarious how the hipsters forget his lack of success.

That you've enjoyed the season is nice, he needs at least one trophy to justify his gargantuan spending or it will be another year of failure for him. Seven whole years without a trophy is awful, he just doesn't compare to successful managers like Guardiola, Mourinho or Simeone. 

Yes but that was off the back off years and years of massive spending at Manchester City. Do you seriously think he could compete with them without spending fairly big?

To do so he had to get back to the Champions League and the increased revenues which are going through the roof at the moment. For every VVD, Salah and Allison there’s a Matip, Milner and Alexander Arnold. Then there’s buys like Andy Robertson, Shaqiri and even Mane who are now worth who knows what! 

I think you underestimate just how difficult a job this was and he’s made Liverpool a major force again in England and in Europe. 

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Manchester Hearts?

Scummy bigots to a man in my experience.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not a leading question, a genuine one out of weird curiosity. Why did you cover the Row and Seat?

36 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Most folk usually do when putting on twitter etc just to be safe. Don’t suppose it’ll really matter but never know. 

of course, if you have any freely available barcode scanner app, you can read all the details anyway - including the ticket holder's personal info and all the purchase transaction data - card details, all that behaviour...

Spoiler

probably