Premier League 2018-19

4 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Solskjaer was an insane appointment. If you remove emotion and the fact he played for them 20 years ago and just look his CV there are 1000s of managers who you would appoint first.

At the very least you wait until the end of the season, why the rush? It's not as if anyone else was going to step in and take him first.

This. He was appointed days after they had been knocked out of the cup by Wolves. Absolute madness.

A feeble attempt to get the fans onside by appointing one of their heroes.

30 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Solskjaer was an insane appointment. If you remove emotion and the fact he played for them 20 years ago and just look his CV there are 1000s of managers who you would appoint first.

At the very least you wait until the end of the season, why the rush? It's not as if anyone else was going to step in and take him first.

In fairness, Molde were expecting him back, but either way Man Utd had the drawing power that they couldn't stand in his way.

I had genuinely forgotten how terrible his time in charge of Cardiff was.  In fact, I had forgotten he was the manager there entirely.

16 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, Molde were expecting him back, but either way Man Utd had the drawing power that they couldn't stand in his way.

I had genuinely forgotten how terrible his time in charge of Cardiff was.  In fact, I had forgotten he was the manager there entirely.

As you say that was no issue, they could have told Molde they were getting him back but then still go and take him for a relatively minor compensation package at the end of the season if they wanted.

The players had obviously wanted Mourinho out, so once he was gone, no matter who had arrived, there was going to be an initial improvement as players started to express themselves bit more. They also played a different style than under Mourinho which took a few games for the opposition to work out. But once the initial bounce died off and once teams started to work out their style they have completely collapsed and as yet Solskjaer has had no answer.

It is the job of the club/board to ignore the emotion and sentiment of fans and make proper decisions. The Man Utd manager should be the 3rd or 4th biggest managerial job in the world and have a manager who has a track record worthy of it. Appointing someone who is entirely unqualified in every possible way, and who you would never have considered if he hadn't scored a winning goal for you 20 years ago, is completely negligent.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

With the big egos that Man United have they need a strong man like Ferguson to keep them in their place, any sign of weakness by the manager and guys like Pogba will exploit it.  As much as he's a great player if Man Utd are going to improve they need to ditch guys like that and rebuild with proper team players.  OGS is too much of a nice guy to handle those guys

Agreed, they should’ve waited until the summer before they made a decision on Solskjaer, but...

I bet all those United fans who basically got Solskjaer the job are feeling a bit silly now.

I think it’s still too early to fairly judge him to be fair. He needs to empty at least half of that squad inherited from Jose and his predecessors, get his own men in and see how they do before you can really judge. Getting Sanchez and his ridiculous wage packed off to China for starters would help. Basically the entire defence need binned too. Matic, as much as I like him, is an absolute Mourinho player and detrimental to how Solskjaer/Man U fans want them to play. In the bin as well.

2 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed, they should’ve waited until the summer before they made a decision on Solskjaer, but...

I think it’s still too early to fairly judge him to be fair. He needs to empty at least half of that squad inherited from Jose and his predecessors, get his own men in and see how they do before you can really judge. Getting Sanchez and his ridiculous wage packed off to China for starters would help. Basically the entire defence need binned too. Matic, as much as I like him, is an absolute Mourinho player and detrimental to how Solskjaer/Man U fans want them to play. In the bin as well.

Don't forget Fred, that guy is a complete fraud

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Liverpool Mayor says Everton will have new stadium 'within three years'

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-mayor-says-everton-new-11337859

May 2016

He 'phoned the police when Chelsea signed Ross Barkley, he's a total goon.