Premier League 2018-19

Interesting to see how "Ole" reacts. When you're taking over a miserable dressing room it can be easier to do a good job because so much is reactionary to that, and you're not quite sure what to do when your own issues arise.

I'm a bit sad to see Fulham go down this early, have always had a bit of a soft spot for them.  That being said the spent a metric fuckton of money and still stunk out the joint, so it's hard to hav too much sympathy for them.

As for Man U, I think that the early enthusiasm of Ole's reign masked the fact that they have a pretty mediocre squad for the most part.  After De Gea, Pogba, and Lukaku I can't think of any Man U players good enough to get into either the Man City or Liverpool teams at the moment, they are a squad only good enough for 4th or 5th at best

Edited by senorsoupe

Lukaku certainly isn’t getting into either of those teams teams, nowhere close! In fact he wouldn’t get a game for any of the other top 5 teams that’s for sure.

I will be amazed if his initial good results turn out to be anything more than the typical "new manager taking over a jaded side" honeymoon period.

what we see as a new manager bounce is often simply luck.

The sacked manager was generally overseeing a team going through a period of unusually bad luck who were unable to catch a break, were losing games they could have drawn, drawing games they could have won.

even if they change nothing one would expect the new manager to have luck that wasn’t unusually bad and for results to improve in the short term

On 02/04/2019 at 07:45, RandomGuy. said:

Jordan Pickford caught up in a scrap in Sunderland.

Apparently Newcastle fans had been heckling him without reaction, so turned to his fiancee, and he snapped.

Apparently this Pickford thing kicked off when he refused to give the barmaid a bit of extra money when paying for his drink. 
It's not the first time this season that he's had a bit of bother for not properly tipping over the bar ... 

4 hours ago, Widge said:

Lukaku certainly isn’t getting into either of those teams teams, nowhere close! In fact he wouldn’t get a game for any of the other top 5 teams that’s for sure.

He's even struggling to get a game for United now, relegated to second choice behind Rashford.

Edited by 7-2

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

As for Man U, I think that the early enthusiasm of Ole's reign masked the fact that they have a pretty mediocre squad for the most part.  After De Gea, Pogba, and Lukaku I can't think of any Man U players good enough to get into either the Man City or Liverpool teams at the moment, they are a squad only good enough for 4th or 5th at best

Fair points, as always, senor; I think both those clubs' squads would be enhanced by Rashford, though.

'Oh yes, one more thing I forgot to mention Mr Levy...despite the rumours, I didn't actually manage to get a name sponsor in time for us moving there so we'll never get rid of the White Hart Lane name now and of course i've cost us even more millions.' 'Never mind mate. It looks great. Beer?'