Premier League 2018-19

37 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

It’s a really simple thing 

You're right. You're trying to say that because Liverpool will be disappointed they never opened up a bigger gap at the top of the table that means Man Utd will be happier with a point. 

Its two entirely different topics that only one team in this game are involved in both in. I don't see why you're struggling to realise that you're wrong.

Edited by Dele

Here’s Jurgen Keegan :lol: ... 

"On days when United are beatable you have to do it," Klopp told Sky Sports

"We played around with no speed. We expect to play better football. It is a point at United and everybody feels it could have been more.”

"United were favourites before the game, then it all changed and all of a sudden we had something to lose, people start to think if we don't beat this team there is something wrong with us. We are all human beings."

There were four injuries in the first half of Sunday's game at Old Trafford, with United losing Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and the latter's replacement Jesse Lingard to injury.

Liverpool were forced to send on Daniel Sturridge for Roberto Firmino, who later left the ground on crutches nursing an ankle injury.

"It was a strange game," added Klopp. "We started really well. All the injuries in the game obviously cost us rhythm. It happened to us with Bobby [Firmino] and that was a catastrophe.

"The boys didn't feel okay. I could see it in their faces. I was thinking, 'what is gong on here today?'. United played with a completely new midfield and three up front. We lost our rhythm and couldn't get it back.

"It was a game without a lot of highlights - it was intense."

On Firmino's injury, the German said: "First he said he could carry on, then that he couldn't. I don't know exactly the extent of the problem."

The Reds will be hopeful Firmino's injury does not sideline him for long, with league fixtures against Watford, Everton and Burnley to come in the next two weeks before they go to Bayern Munich for the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, which currently stands at 0-0.

In the league, Liverpool still have to travel to Everton for what could be a heated Merseyside derby in March before welcoming Tottenham and Chelsea to Anfield. Rivals City also host Spurs and face Manchester United at Old Trafford in April.

Since losing to City on 3 January, Liverpool have drawn three Premier League games against Leicester, West Ham and Manchester United.

"It is 100% true that there have been a bit too many draws in the last couple of games but still, we are where we are," said Klopp.

"United are in a fantastic moment but they still have 14 or 15 points less than we have and the good news of today is that didn't change."

As well as the fitness of Firmino, Liverpool will hope top scorer Mohamed Salah can start firing against the big teams. He has netted just once against top six opponents this season (against Arsenal in December).

He failed to make an impact in the goalless draw at Old Trafford but Klopp said he "didn't know" what the problem was. 

"I am here to help the players. They want to perform 100% but it doesn't always happen," said Klopp. "Mo knows he can play better than he did today. We know he can."

Here’s Jurgen Keegan :lol: ... 

"On days when United are beatable you have to do it," Klopp told Sky Sports

"We played around with no speed. We expect to play better football. It is a point at United and everybody feels it could have been more.”

"United were favourites before the game, then it all changed and all of a sudden we had something to lose, people start to think if we don't beat this team there is something wrong with us. We are all human beings."

There were four injuries in the first half of Sunday's game at Old Trafford, with United losing Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and the latter's replacement Jesse Lingard to injury.

Liverpool were forced to send on Daniel Sturridge for Roberto Firmino, who later left the ground on crutches nursing an ankle injury.

"It was a strange game," added Klopp. "We started really well. All the injuries in the game obviously cost us rhythm. It happened to us with Bobby [Firmino] and that was a catastrophe.

"The boys didn't feel okay. I could see it in their faces. I was thinking, 'what is gong on here today?'. United played with a completely new midfield and three up front. We lost our rhythm and couldn't get it back.

"It was a game without a lot of highlights - it was intense."

On Firmino's injury, the German said: "First he said he could carry on, then that he couldn't. I don't know exactly the extent of the problem."

The Reds will be hopeful Firmino's injury does not sideline him for long, with league fixtures against Watford, Everton and Burnley to come in the next two weeks before they go to Bayern Munich for the second leg of their Champions League last-16 tie, which currently stands at 0-0.

In the league, Liverpool still have to travel to Everton for what could be a heated Merseyside derby in March before welcoming Tottenham and Chelsea to Anfield. Rivals City also host Spurs and face Manchester United at Old Trafford in April.

Since losing to City on 3 January, Liverpool have drawn three Premier League games against Leicester, West Ham and Manchester United.

"It is 100% true that there have been a bit too many draws in the last couple of games but still, we are where we are," said Klopp.

"United are in a fantastic moment but they still have 14 or 15 points less than we have and the good news of today is that didn't change."

As well as the fitness of Firmino, Liverpool will hope top scorer Mohamed Salah can start firing against the big teams. He has netted just once against top six opponents this season (against Arsenal in December).

He failed to make an impact in the goalless draw at Old Trafford but Klopp said he "didn't know" what the problem was. 

"I am here to help the players. They want to perform 100% but it doesn't always happen," said Klopp. "Mo knows he can play better than he did today. We know he can."

Too long...
YYwv.gif

7 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

This Newcastle - Burnley game is utterly mince.

Aye apart from the first goal - which this game isn’t worthy of - it’s been a non-event. 

That’ll be 2-0 and likely game over. Time to switch to Ross County v Ayr which I only just realised was on Alba.

I'm looking forward to Burnley getting relegated. The sooner the better.
The fact that Dyche manages to get Burnley punching about their weight but is never linked with another job is testament to the way he sets his team up. His 90s, Brexit style, hoof it and rush tactics completely kills any sort of entertainment for neutrals.

Get them out of my sight.

9 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I'm looking forward to Burnley getting relegated. The sooner the better.
The fact that Dyche manages to get Burnley punching about their weight but is never linked with another job is testament to the way he sets his team up. His 90s, Brexit style, hoof it and rush tactics completely kills any sort of entertainment for neutrals.

Get them out of my sight.

Brendan will show show the Barclays how it’s done. 

Brexball: When receiving the ball and not having the mental capacity to do anything constructive with it, kick as hard as you can in any direction and hope for the best. If you see anyone using intelligence or a constructive plan to move forward, use utter rage to stop them.

6 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Brexit style :lol:

Using that to describe a team is fucking idiocy.

I see a lot of folk on this site trying to compare things to Brexit/Theresa May etc. Theres no resemblance between what they're posting about and just makes them look like an idiot. 

Are they trying to appear intelligent? 

2 hours ago, kmc dafc said:

Brexball: When receiving the ball and not having the mental capacity to do anything constructive with it, kick as hard as you can in any direction and hope for the best. If you see anyone using intelligence or a constructive plan to move forward, use utter rage to stop them.

Sounds like solid tactics tbh

2 hours ago, Dele said:

I see a lot of folk on this site trying to compare things to Brexit/Theresa May etc. Theres no resemblance between what they're posting about and just makes them look like an idiot. 

Are they trying to appear intelligent? 

I imagine the adjective "Brexit' was used as 4-4-2, direct, combative football would be described as "British" by those on the continent, tbh, but maybe I'm not over thinking it.

9 hours ago, Principal Flutie said:

Brexit style :lol:

Using that to describe a team is fucking idiocy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/burnley-brexit-britishness-sean-dyche-premier-league-most-interesting-project-a8124456.html

"I have no idea what Dyche or anyone at Burnley thinks about Brexit. But ideologically, the comparison is irresistible. If you really boil it down, the idea behind Brexit is that it is somehow possible to push back against the winds of chaos, to recapture the hard certainties that existed in a pre-globalised economy. That you can, essentially, take back control: go it alone, buy British, employ British, and that what you gain in cohesion and identity is worth any loss of market edge."

You're a well skelped moron so I'm happy to be in disagreement that Brexit style football describes Burnley FC fairly well.