Premier League 2018-19

Wolves are a strange team this season. I see where they are in the league and some of their results this season and i like alot of their players but whenever i watch them in a live game they have looked pretty average.

Am i jusy missing their good matches, granted i dont see alot of them or is the standard from 7th down pretty poor? 

Edited by Albertlegend
Spelling

13 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

At what point do footballers stop being human beings? There’re people in my work who aren’t happy with decisions that are made by management and the direction the company is going, they’ve become demotivated, and I know for a fact that they half ass their job a lot of the time as a result. Footballer’s are no different. If they aren’t happy or motivated they simply won’t be capable of performing to the same level as they would if they were enjoying their work. It’s human nature, and they shouldn’t be held to a higher standard than all other people just because of the money they earn, or because it’s a job you’d like to do yourself.

I don't expect footballers to be held to a higher standard  because of the money they earn or because they play football. 

I agree that some peoples reaction, even in everyday life, is to down tools when they dislike what their manager is doing or what they are being told. Its not the only option a person has though and people can have a lot of different motivations which they think of first i.e I worked as a care assistant and hated my managers but I couldn't just not bother because people would be adversely affected. Footballers could still try their best for the fans, or because they want to play well to get a move etc.

Obviously this isn't that serious, nobody dies because a footballer doesn't try, but I don't think we should think its OK or natural that not bothering is their default position when they want rid of someone. They can motivate themselves for other reasons and they just don't bother.

22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely mental. Do they even need him?

I'd have Pjanic, Khedira, Matuidi and Dybala all easily ahead of him in any midfield role. Bentacur and Can not exactly worse than him either.

Mega bucks transfer in the pipeline for one of the above after picking up a free transfer replacement, as seems to be the Juve way!

21 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

At what point do footballers stop being human beings? There’re people in my work who aren’t happy with decisions that are made by management and the direction the company is going, they’ve become demotivated, and I know for a fact that they half ass their job a lot of the time as a result. Footballer’s are no different. If they aren’t happy or motivated they simply won’t be capable of performing to the same level as they would if they were enjoying their work. It’s human nature, and they shouldn’t be held to a higher standard than all other people just because of the money they earn, or because it’s a job you’d like to do yourself.

Whilst I agree that footballers are only human, being judged to a higher standard because of the money you earn and/or because of your status within an organisation is standard practice across pretty much the entire planet. 

New graduates at a business could be forgiven for doing a crap job if they're getting rubbish support from their boss. Senior management are expected to take responsibility for themselves regardless. 

Wolves are a strange team this season. I see where they are in the league and some of their results this season and i like alot of their players but whenever i watch them in a live game they have looked pretty average.
Am i jusy missing their good matches, granted i dont see alot of them or is the standard from 7th down pretty poor? 
apart from Patricio. hes an arsehole for wearing number 11 no matter how noble his reasoning! wolves have a lot of quality and i can see them catching arsenal and possibly even chelsea if they get lucky with injuries and suspensions.

One less Plastic Paddy amirite?

Was there not a time (possibly the 2002 WC) that half of their squad were born in England?  Indeed a couple of them, Clinton Morrison being one, had never actually been to Ireland.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

One less Plastic Paddy amirite?

Was there not a time (possibly the 2002 WC) that half of their squad were born in England?  Indeed a couple of them, Clinton Morrison being one, had never actually been to Ireland.

There were a few at the 1994 WC, I seem to recall.

50 minutes ago, nsr said:

There were a few at the 1994 WC, I seem to recall.

For 1994 World Cup.

Seven (Bonner, Irwin , Moran, Whelan, Keane, Staunton, G Kelly) born in ROI.

Two born in Glasgow:- Houghton and Coyne

13 born in England.

Terry Phelan born Manchester.

Paul McGrath born Ealing.

Andy Townsend born Maidstone.

John Aldridge born Liverpool.

John Sheridan born Stretford.

Alan Kernaghan born Otley.

Phil Babb born Lambeth.

Tony Cascarino born Kent 

Eddie McGoldrick born Islington.

Alan McLoughlin born Manchester.