Premier League 2018-19

I agree that it’s naive to think that the money side of things will have just been forgotten about until the plane/body is found. However, it does seem a bit in bad taste that the clubs didn’t immediately discuss putting a temporary halt on money transactions until this had all played out. I’ve no idea what Nantes finances are like but unless they’re desperate for cash, surely it wouldn’t have been too much to reach an agreement with Cardiff. Similarly, I wonder if Cardiff could’ve asked Nantes if they would allow payment to be deferred at least until Cardiff know where they stand with regards to whether their insurance on the player will be paid out which could then be used to pay Nantes.
Its badly handled by both clubs. For sure from the human aspect rather than the multi million transaction aspect (which is not a relatable angle for 99.99% of people) this is pretty distasteful. But for me by far the most horrible thing is that (correct me if Im wrong here) Cardiff chose to let it play out in the public domain.

Nantes will get loads of scud for it no doubt, for about a week until the social media grief junkies have moved on to something else.

Its badly handled by both clubs. For sure from the human aspect rather than the multi million transaction aspect (which is not a relatable angle for 99.99% of people) this is pretty distasteful. But for me by far the most horrible thing is that (correct me if Im wrong here) Cardiff chose to let it play out in the public domain.

Nantes will get loads of scud for it no doubt, for about a week until the social media grief junkies have moved on to something else.

To be fair, it’s probably a case of Cardiff’s big wigs feeling their hand is being forced at a difficult time and instructing their PR folks to “get in there first” before or incase Nantes went public, badmouthing and accusing Cardiff of bumping them out of money.

In turn, in fairness to Nantes this time, they may feel their hands are being forced by Bordeux, as they’re also due a decent slice of the transfer fee due to a sell-on clause.

It’s all a bit of a mess really!

17 minutes ago, Only an observer said:

COYB are going to make a comeback Rab,  up to 36% possession ;)

Hoping Rab....Into the final 15! There has not been a shot on target from either side since the 58th minute of the match (Bernardo Silva) but it's a very good watch. Full intensity, Everton giving every bit as good as they are getting

5 minutes ago, Only an observer said:

Hoping Rab....Into the final 15! There has not been a shot on target from either side since the 58th minute of the match (Bernardo Silva) but it's a very good watch. Full intensity, Everton giving every bit as good as they are getting

Fingers crossed ! I took up the offer of a ticket to the Hearts game so just keeping on the score. 

28 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Bernardo or David? Both had good games IMO. ;)

Perhaps you want "the Ev" to get a better manager and  beat your team. :lol:

I’m joining all the others on here who’ve deserted them Bish ... that’s me through with the Ev. 

16 minutes ago, Only an observer said:

Another fan that follows clubs for a short time, looking for glory? ; )

Ha ha guilty as charged. Add me to the list. I’m going to keep posting about everything else though and pretend it never happened ... :D

Edited by Rab B Nesbit