Premier League 2018-19

Higuain could easily be a Shevchenko esque flop, but there's no doubting he's one of the best in the world at what he does. I think it's a cracking signing on paper but equally, I can see him being a dud at Chelsea.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Higuain could easily be a Shevchenko esque flop, but there's no doubting he's one of the best in the world at what he does. I think it's a cracking signing on paper but equally, I can see him being a dud at Chelsea.

No he couldn't, he's signed on loan while Shevchenko was the most expensive signing by a British club. Nobody is expected as much of him either, he's 31, he's fat and out of form

56 minutes ago, trgf said:

No he couldn't, he's signed on loan while Shevchenko was the most expensive signing by a British club. Nobody is expected as much of him either, he's 31, he's fat and out of form

I meant more on the pitch than financially.

Ronaldo is 33, Modric is 33, Messi is the same age. Age is irrelevant when you're only 31. He's certainly not fat either. Out of form, I'll concede.

Had the same thought. Probably have been a roaring success if they signed him 10 years ago, but can see him being a Torres-esque flop.

Guest DAVIDB69
He's the best striker Chelsea have had since Drogba.

He is past his best and his best wasn’t great .

Never delivered at world cups either .

Seems a slower version of giroud

6 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Manager in best league in the world advocating not winning trophies is preferable to winning trophies.

037A037B-8C72-4604-8A87-6CF2F98D3B07.thumb.jpeg.2bceb087f55c3fcc92868b848bf410cc.jpeg

imagine supporting that kind of shite.

What paper did you read that in Mel ?