Premier League 2018-19

Surprised at this. I thought they would have stuck with him through their impending relegation and allowed him to go for promotion again given how well he's done with them. 
I see the replacement manager cliche bingo is well under way already. 

They are saying on Sky Sports that he wanted a break. Huddersfield chairman said he had no intention of sacking him this season.

8 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

They are saying on Sky Sports that he wanted a break. Huddersfield chairman said he had no intention of sacking him this season.

Interesting thanks. Must admit I took it the mutual consent stuff was just the usual guff. 

20 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Weird, this seems to be the kindest ever parting of ways between a poorly performing club and manager.
Allardyce at Huddersfield sounds right, but they'll probably go for a left-field appointment.

Ian Holloway is free, will probably still get them relegated but at least would provide entertaining press conferences

Town chairman Dean Hoyle called it a "sad day" after Wagner's achievements took him among the "greats" of the club.

Hoyle said in a statement: "I would like to begin by thanking David for all he has achieved at Huddersfield Town over the last three-and-a-half years.

"Under his stewardship, we have achieved things on the football pitch that surpass anything in modern memory, and that have gone well beyond my wildest expectations as chairman and as a fan.

"Under David's management, we took this club to the highest position it has held in almost 50 years and created memories that will last forever.

"His achievements will rightly put him up there in Huddersfield Town history alongside great names like Herbert Chapman and Mick Buxton; legendary managers who changed the face of this club.

"As I had said previously, I had no intention of sacking David this season. Subsequently David - being the great man he is - came to us and made it clear that he needs a break from the rigours of football management.

"We discussed making that change immediately, but he also made it clear that he would give his all for the rest of this season before departing in the summer if we preferred.

"After a long discussion we all felt that David staying at the club until the end of the season was best, but we've kept discussions open and we all now feel that the time is right to part ways.

"I know the term 'mutual consent' is often a byword for the manager being sacked in professional football, but this is a truly joint decision. David has a real, genuine love for this club and, like me, his foremost concern in our talks has been to establish what is best for Huddersfield Town."

31 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I seem to be the only one but I thought that sending off was harsh as anything.

The Scousers are in full victim mode on Twitter and bleating that he got sent off while Kompany only got booked for a similar tackle against Salah a couple of weeks ago.  For that alone it was worth a red. :lol:

9 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

The Scousers are in full victim mode on Twitter and bleating that he got sent off while Kompany only got booked for a similar tackle against Salah a couple of weeks ago.  For that alone it was worth a red. :lol:

Oh aye of course they are :lol: