Premier League 2018-19

16 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think PSG would gamble on him not falling out with Mbappe or Neymar?

By the time my scenerio plays out I don't think either will still be there.  Neymar is already rumoured to want to return to a more competitive league

10 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I have no love for Mourinho but he has 3 premier league titles, 2 champions leagues, 2 Europa leagues, la liga title, 2 serie a titles, 2 portuguese league titles, Portuguese cup, coppa italia, copa del rey, fa cup and 3 league cups.

Klopp has 2 bundesligas and a DFB Pokal and nothing at Liverpool. Klopp may have Liverpool flying but has absolutely nothing to show for it yet. 

Don't you be coming in here spouting facts and stuff............  :lol: 

That'll get you nowhere :) 

11 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Klopp has 2 bundesligas and a DFB Pokal and nothing at Liverpool. Klopp may have Liverpool flying but has absolutely nothing to show for it yet. 

He has a worse win rate than Houlier and Benitez.

Still. that grin tho. 

56 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Especially not for the amount of money he thinks he's worth.  What I could see happen is he goes to China for a couple of years and then when Tuchel gets bored at PSG Mourinho ends  up with that job.  PSG are the only club that could afford his wage demands and are more concerned about image than substance

He would be more trouble for bigger clubs than he's worth. I know he's won alot of titles in the past but as a modern manager he has gone stale while managers like Guardiola, Klopp, Conte and Pochettino have overtaken him. Also the fact that he falls out with players doesn't help him.

If I was a Manchester United fan (which I am most definitely not) I would probably be wanting Conte or Blanc. Both would be solid choices for them IMO.

22 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

If I was a Manchester United fan (which I am most definitely not) I would probably be wanting Conte or Blanc. Both would be solid choices for them IMO.

Blanc has already ruled himself out, Conte could be a good shout though.  I thought he was harshly treated by the Chelsea owner who fires people like it's a bodily function and he could get a lot more out of the players they have there

Say what you want about Jose but he was a fantastic manager but hes stayed still, all these younger progressive managers have brought the game forward. Got the impression he lost the dressing room. Sad fact is that Manchester United are no longer the force they were, short fix is throw money at it but it seems to be a deeper rooted problem, the club needs a whole restructure.

De Gea
Pogba
Rashford
Sanchez
Marital

The rest i would bin, money needs spent to make them competitive again but also youth policy is something that he had totally shunned so i would personally look at someone who has a history of promoting youth players.

1 hour ago, JMDP said:

I have no love for Mourinho but he has 3 premier league titles, 2 champions leagues, 2 Europa leagues, la liga title, 2 serie a titles, 2 portuguese league titles, Portuguese cup, coppa italia, copa del rey, fa cup and 3 league cups.

To be fair he was very very good at what he did for a long period of time. He has lost it big time now though and Klopp just continues to go from strength to strength. 

51 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

He would be more trouble for bigger clubs than he's worth. I know he's won alot of titles in the past but as a modern manager he has gone stale while managers like Guardiola, Klopp, Conte and Pochettino have overtaken him. 

In 2012, Klopp won the Bundesliga. This was his last major honour.

In 2012, Mourinho won La Liga. Whilst Klopp was overtaking him by winning nothing, Mourinho has won the EPL, two league cups and a Europa League. Pochettino has also won nothing in this time frame.

11 minutes ago, JMDP said:

In 2012, Mourinho won La Liga. Whilst Klopp was overtaking him by winning nothing, Mourinho has won the EPL, two league cups and a Europa League. Pochettino has also won nothing in this time frame.

Your facts also mean nothing. 

Klopp and Pochettino are just better. 

Or something. 

Mind you, league table don't lie :o

It’s laughable to suggest Mourinho won’t get another big job if he wants one. However, he should take an extended break from football first, primarily for his own benefit and also to wait for the right job to come up.

He’s only had two notable spells out of work since his first job in 2001 – 9 months between his first Chelsea sacking and joining Inter, and then another 5 months between his second spell at Chelsea and Man Utd – but his attitude has drastically changed over the last few years.

He was never entirely happy at Real and, though his return to Chelsea saw him win the league, an apparent falling out led to the players downing tools to get him sacked. Then a chance in Manchester to regenerate United, but even from the first transfer window there were stories of Mourinho not getting to sign the players he wanted. Why a club would appoint a successful manager but then refuse to let him use his trusted formula for improving a squad, I’ll never understand.

I’ve always been a Mourinho fan but I hope he doesn’t take another job too quickly. Don’t just sit the rest of this season out, don’t even take a job in the summer. Wait it out until next October onwards, when managers start to come under pressure, and take your pick as the jobs open up. Just as United need to choose their next manager carefully, Mourinho needs to get his next job right.

3 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Jose Mourinho repeatedly cited that he had won those titles too, but does that change the fact that he has been outdone this season by rival managers and that Manchester United were heading nowhere under him? Would any of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs or Man City trade their current managers for him?

Mourinho could have been a great manager for Manchester United, but through his own fault and unwillingness to evolve it hasn't worked out that way.

Their major issue is recruitment. Mourinho is partly to blame for that but it certainly runs deeper. They have 3-4 players of 'Man Utd quality', but the majority are nowhere near the standard they should be looking for.

It's always a simplistic argument, but how many of their players would get into Liverpool, Man City, Spurs or Chelsea's teams? De Gea probably, although there's not much in it, other than that you'd struggle to make an argument for anyone, which says it at all.

3 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Mourinho could have been a great manager for Manchester United, but through his own fault and unwillingness to evolve it hasn't worked out that way.

this; what better platform could any manager have to excel that at old trafford, with his experience, understanding of the game and the limitless funds available, to have been there two and a half years and barely have a single competent defender in his squad is just staggering, let alone no discernable system or identifiable style of play. a succession of vanity signings to placate the millions of ignorant fans across the world who have no concept about how to build a structured team - he lost sight of what he was supposed to be doing months ago...

17 minutes ago, TheIntenseHummingOfEvil said:

Jose Mourinho repeatedly cited that he had won those titles too, but does that change the fact that he has been outdone this season by rival managers and that Manchester United were heading nowhere under him? Would any of Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs or Man City trade their current managers for him?

He repeatedly cited it because they ate facts. Klopp has won nothing in six and a half years. Mourinho has won four major trophies in this time. Pochettino has won nothing and not even got particularly close to winning anything.

Like I said earlier, I have no love for Mourinho and he has had a poor season and deserves the bullet. However, he is a proven winner whereas the "modern" managers don't have the medals he has. In fact, klopp has a lower win percentage at Liverpool than mourinho at Manchester United, doesn't he?

I think Klopp is a good manager and guiding Liverpool to a fantastic season (having spent enormous amounts, something he said he wasn't going to do) but the fanboying on him is hilarious as is the simplistic media driven narrative that Mourinho is some sort of dinosaur. 

12 minutes ago, JMDP said:

He repeatedly cited it because they ate facts. Klopp has won nothing in six and a half years. Mourinho has won four major trophies in this time. Pochettino has won nothing and not even got particularly close to winning anything.

Like I said earlier, I have no love for Mourinho and he has had a poor season and deserves the bullet. However, he is a proven winner whereas the "modern" managers don't have the medals he has. In fact, klopp has a lower win percentage at Liverpool than mourinho at Manchester United, doesn't he?

I think Klopp is a good manager and guiding Liverpool to a fantastic season (having spent enormous amounts, something he said he wasn't going to do) but the fanboying on him is hilarious as is the simplistic media driven narrative that Mourinho is some sort of dinosaur. 

Klopp has taken Liverpool from the wilderness to 2 European finals and the top of table in just over 3 years. Working with the players he had and making excellent recruitment on a smaller budget than his rivals. Wouldn’t swap him for anyone.  

ETA ... I might get shot down in flames here but I’d fancy Klopp or Pochettino to be able to get a tune out of the majority of that Man Utd squad. 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit