Premier League 2018-19

Just now, accies1874 said:

I didn't see any contact but Gary Neville's insisting there was. I don't have a clue what he's seeing.

Neville is a superb commentator, but he's better off in the studio. Some of his pitch side shouts tend to be a bit bizarre.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

There was at least two angles shown as Neville slated the CH for diving in, and saying something about clattering into his ankle when what my eyes were telling me was that the defender slid straight past Son with no contact whatsoever

Hard to fathom why Gary Neville is trolling Arsenal fans tbh.

Neville is a superb commentator, but he's better off in the studio. Some of his pitch side shouts tend to be a bit bizarre.
For all Sky's draw/money, they simply don't have a better co-commentator than him, despite the reasons you've mentioned.
He's definitely the best pundit too, but at least there are a few other really good ones.

There was at least two angles shown as Neville slated the CH for diving in, and saying something about clattering into his ankle when what my eyes were telling me was that the defender slid straight past Son with no contact whatsoever
That's what I thought. Glad I'm not crazy after all....aherm.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Even worse is that they are backing him up in the studio by insisting there is contact as well. They must see there isn't, so you have to conclude that they know that they have got it wrong but can't back down now.

Edited by Jambomo

Even worse is that they are backing him up in the studio by insisting there is contact as well. They must see there isn't, so you have to conclude that they know that they have got it wrong but can't back down now.

Got that impression when Souness was talking about it. Like he was just following whatever he was being told in his ear.

Robbie savage on five live is adamant it's a dive. Sky didn't even mention the possibility of a dive. Arseholes