Premier League 2018-19

Man Utd really are quite poor considering the money they’ve spent. To still have that defence starting is unacceptable. 

I think Mourinho is on a downward trajectory now, but it’s clear that he is being hamstrung a bit by Ed Woodward refusing to buy him a competent centre back.

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: 

No he hasn’t said that at all. 

:lol: ... what a state you are in boys. 

1 hour ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: ... you are hanging on to that one for dear life. Make sure you get up from the sofa at regular intervals for a stretch :lol: 

25 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: 

24 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Up the Gulls ... :) 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope setting Rab to ignore will allow me to read this thread without wanting to gouge my eyes out with the claw end of a hammer.

Absolute thread AIDS.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Hope setting Rab to ignore will allow me to read this thread without wanting to gouge my eyes out with the claw end of a hammer.

Absolute thread AIDS.

Sorry, m9. 

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Man Utd really are quite poor considering the money they’ve spent. To still have that defence starting is unacceptable. 

I think Mourinho is on a downward trajectory now, but it’s clear that he is being hamstrung a bit by Ed Woodward refusing to buy him a competent centre back.

He bought Bailly two years ago and Linderoff only last summer. I can see why Woodward wouldn't let him spend another £50-£60 Million on yet another centre half. It's his job to make them into United centre halves after the club bought these players for him. He went to the well once too often this year.

Is there any clear identifiable reason as to why Mourinho has turned into an absolute dour puss that has turned into a poison for the clubs he's at rather than having the effect that one of the best managers the world has seen, should be having? It seems to stem from that disastrous season at Chelsea. He's never been the same guy since then. His personality has completely changed. He's always had a huffy tendency, but he's been in a permanent mood for about 4-5 year now and just saps any positivity from Man United.

that was a shocker from united. lindelof and bailey were simply embarrassing. Bailey particularly was just awful. fred? £60million!? never seen such a one footed player. thats a lot of money to pay for one foot!

the most concerning thing for united is that neither mourinho, pogba, lukaku or martial look remotely interested. very concerning. mourinho doesnt know how to utilise what is still a very talented squad.

you would never have seen a Fergie team look so pathetic when chasing a game

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Is there any clear identifiable reason as to why Mourinho has turned into an absolute dour puss that has turned into a poison for the clubs he's at rather than having the effect that one of the best managers the world has seen, should be having? It seems to stem from that disastrous season at Chelsea. He's never been the same guy since then. His personality has completely changed. He's always had a huffy tendency, but he's been in a permanent mood for about 4-5 year now and just saps any positivity from Man United.

They need to get rid. The team clearly isn’t strong enough, but he’s making them even worse and stopping their genuinely talented players that should be dominating shite like Brighton (e.g. Pogba) from performing. 

Absolute thread AIDS.

I put him on ignore a while ago. It’s wholly improved the reading experience in this part of the board. Grimbo Mk.II

Man U looked woeful today. The back four cost in the region of £140 million, and three of them were bought with a burgeoning reputation, with the thought being that they had the potential to be the most promising players in their position in Europe. The fact that Mourinho has completely failed to develop any of them is 100% his own failing.

He’s a busted flush, will be amazed if he see’s the season out.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Such a change from his first spell at Chelsea when players seemed to love playing for him and he seemed to love working with them. It seems to be a bit like a case of the grumpy old teacher. 

14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Serious question. How do I set Rab to ignore ?

Click on your profile ... account ... ignored users ... fire my name in. Mind it’s a B in the middle not a C ... :lol: 

Theres a few things with mourinho now and it is a ripple effect. I get the feeling he is a “my way or no way” type person and i don’t think the players like that.

He’s not winning as a result of this. Because of this he is snippy with the media and as we all know, if you start a fight with the brittish media, its one you are not going to win. He no longer has that charm to have them eating out of the palm of his hands.

Mix all that in with pep changing the way teams play football, then coming to manchester and looking like he is going to dominate this league for as long as he wants, which has put mourinhos nose out of joint. I liked mourinho when he 1st arrived, the press conferences were funny, different And he could have been the best manager on the planet for years, But now, he just seems to cause chaos wherever he goes.

Incidentally has anyone seen any of this man city documentary on amazon? Seen the 1st few episodes. Really good but i am surprised that they gave the cameras as much access, especially to peps tactic board and team meetings. Not saying its a bad thing, great to get an insight into how he works.

Also shows that with regards to sports science they are miles ahead of everyone. They have cryo chambers to help with injuries.

2 hours ago, J_Stewart said:

I put him on ignore a while ago. It’s wholly improved the reading experience in this part of the board. Grimbo Mk.II

Similarly you claimed to have done it Stew after you kept getting your arse handed to you on a plate despite trying everything including personal abuse. I’m surprised you can see this thread seen as I started it :lol:.