Premier League 2018-19

39 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

^ Danny Ings rarely plays football and is just fond of getting a game. He has spent most of the last three years in the treatment room or on the bench. Ings was a waste of money like Origi, Markovic, Klavan and the Kalamity. Solanke has been a disappointment so far. Klopp, however, does seem to be learning from his recruitment mistakes and not before time.

Klopp didn’t sign him, Origi or Markovic. They have also sold him for twice the tribunal fee paid for him. And you missed out a few other certain signings :lol:

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

Everton looked pretty good going forward, but the defence had plenty of scares - especially from set-pieces. I'm not convinced Mina will sort that. 

At times, they missed Schneiderlin, who's pretty good at drawing pressing players and laying the ball off, helping build from the back. 

The front four look very good so far. I don't really know enough about Bernard or Gomes to say whether they'll improve it further. 

34 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Klopp didn’t sign him, Origi or Markovic. They have also sold him for twice the tribunal fee paid for him. And you missed out a few other certain signings :lol:

Ings has not been sold yet and is on loan. The transfer fee "profit" could just about cover his wages - £60k a week.

And I did not say that Klopp signed all of them. I said that he had learned from mistakes, e.g, signing Alisson and dumping Klavan. 

Btw, Klavan was on a ridiculous £55k a week. Matip is on £70k a week and Mignolet is on £60k a week. It's like burning money.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Ings has not been sold yet and is on loan. The transfer fee "profit" could just about cover his wages - £60k a week.

And I did not say that Klopp signed all of them. I said that he had learned from mistakes, e.g, signing Alisson and dumping Klavan. 

Btw, Klavan was on a ridiculous £55k a week. Matip is on £70k a week and Mignolet is on £60k a week. It's like burning money.

Loan with a permanent transfer to follow. 

Klavan was a good signing and wouldn’t necessarily say he was dumped. 

That’s the going rates, less than other clubs around them however let’s face it ... he’s got money to burn :)

Mark Hughes is utterly deluded - https://www.football365.com/news/hughes-targets-european-place-for-southampton
"Southampton boss Mark Hughes thinks now is the best time to play Everton.... The Welshman said: “We view last year as a setback to where the club wanted to be but more a lump in the road. We want to be in the top half of the Premier League, hopefully competing for European places.”
:lol:

He seems to think he is a better manager than he actually is. His best one was when man city won the league against QPR, but QPR still survived. He came out and said “as long as i’m at this football club, we won’t be involved in a relegation fight” and the start of the following season they were bottom of the league with a handful of points after 5 games[emoji23]

7 hours ago, ah-dee said:

i can see tge charity shield (lets face it a relatively pointless game) being moved abroad. near guarentee it will involve 2 of the big teams each year so a huge money maker

Could maybe see that happening. 

I saw Man City at 1/20 last night on William hill, that’s the shortest odds I have ever seen on an English top flight match. Even when Barcelona are at home to target practice Spanish teams they’re usually 1/16 at shortest.

2 hours ago, buchan30 said:

Think france and spain done that with their equivalent.

Spain's was in Tangier, wasn't it?

Watching the Newcastle game on MOTD, it's good to see the English following our lead and deciding kicking a player off the ball isn't worthy of a red card.

15 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

You should really give up your'season ticket' and let a real fan have it.  Given Liverpool don't care about their fans and prioritise making money over accomodating their support seats are limited.

:lol: ... I’m quite content within myself that I’ve earned my seat Pep. 

‘Liverpool’ don’t care do they not. The club have had to strike a balance. Every game sells out almost instantly and they could charge an awful lot more and still fill it.