Premier League 2018-19

45 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I think Middlesbrough (if they were in the PL...) would be one of the few clubs I’d be unsure about wanting to go abroad as they’ve got a genuine fan in charge, but even then I’m unsure as it would be hard to turn down millions of pounds for one game (they would also be an incredibly boring choice for fans abroad so wouldn’t get picked luckily for me anyway). 

But to think club owners of he big teams who have no actual affection for their club other than it’s P&L sheet would turn down the opportunity to make huge money on one game is rubbish. As someone who has experienced the EPL and EFL plenty (maybe this allows me to have an opinion, probably some reason that I still don’t though) it’s fairly clear that they’ll pounce on this. The big clubs don’t care about whether they fill their stadiums with locals or tourists, so why would this be a step too far?

Only getting to s couple of games a season let’s be honest it’s hardly likely to impact on you. 

I hadn’t realised that the game 39 stuff was about 10 years ago. Sure it would have happened long ago if it was going to. 

3 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

If you don’t like it don’t watch it. There are 1000s if other things to do with your spare time. It’s not irrelevant when you sit in your armchair and make things up about supporters from a league that you have only ever experienced on your 40 inch Samsung. Certainly no customer or fanboy I attend football at all levels, lots of it up here, and I enjoy the EPL the most. 

You're such an idiot.

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sorry but you are just kidding yourself on here :lol:. I’ve no idea how you can think of making sweeping statements on fan enjoyment when you’ve only seen it on the telly. 

Cause that's how most fans watch it you absolute clown.  Have you ever watched la Liga games in the flesh btw?   Would be extremely hypocritical of you to say you enjoy EPL the most if you've nothing to compare it to.  I've done both and la Liga is way better.

26 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Cause that's how most fans watch it you absolute clown.  Have you ever watched la Liga games in the flesh btw?   Would be extremely hypocritical of you to say you enjoy EPL the most if you've nothing to compare it to.  I've done both and la Liga is way better.

Resorting to insults Pep :D.

Yes I sure have and enjoyed it very much. 

What exactly is your point here by the way? :lol: 

2 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Only getting to s couple of games a season let’s be honest it’s hardly likely to impact on you. 

I hadn’t realised that the game 39 stuff was about 10 years ago. Sure it would have happened long ago if it was going to. 

You’re trying way too hard to rile me with this stuff. I don’t care how many times you think I go to Middlesbrough games and everybody else on here care even less :lol:

When I resort to finding Twitter pictures to post up pretending to attend games on here, then I’ll be worried.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

You’re trying way too hard to rile me with this stuff. I don’t care how many times you think I go to Middlesbrough games and everybody else on here care even less :lol:

When I resort to finding Twitter pictures to post up pretending to attend games on here, then I’ll be worried.

:lol: 

^ Danny Ings rarely plays football and is just fond of getting a game. He has spent most of the last three years in the treatment room or on the bench. Ings was a waste of money like Origi, Markovic, Klavan and the Kalamity. Solanke has been a disappointment so far. Klopp, however, does seem to be learning from his recruitment mistakes and not before time.

32 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Hughes seems to do a good enough job to keep teams up, but when he is given teams to start a full new season it just goes to pot.

Mark Hughes is utterly deluded - https://www.football365.com/news/hughes-targets-european-place-for-southampton

"Southampton boss Mark Hughes thinks now is the best time to play Everton.... The Welshman said: “We view last year as a setback to where the club wanted to be but more a lump in the road. We want to be in the top half of the Premier League, hopefully competing for European places.”

:lol: