APPLICATIONS INVITED FOR MANAGERIAL POSITION

Stephenafc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

You wouldn’t get a club license with those 3. No coaching qualifications 

Is that definitely the case?   I genuinely don't know. 

One of the 3 is Jimmy McQuade who won the junior cup with Arthurlie and was assistant to Fergus Ferguson for years, during what were Arthurlie's most successful period.

If that is the case then these rules are a nonsense. 

I would like Jimmy McQuade to get the job to be honest, think it is someone like him who they need, although I would be surprised if he took it.   
Another one I would like is Tommy Bryce.  
I don't think Jimmy is well enough to take on the job at the moment.

My dad was one of the first in the junior game with a B licence, qualified for over 30 years. Not sure if you just guessed that he hadn't but you're way off the mark. With regards to his health he is doing just fine, just choosing to spend some more time with the family. He is 70 after all

2 hours ago, combineharvester said:

Few rumours  from lie ppl up brig o lea last nite that Stevie rankin is getting it wae Murdo at Pollok joining him

Not sure why Murdie would leave assistant manager at Pollok (challenging at the top of the Premiership and close to his home in Rutherglen) to go to be assistant manager at Arthurlie (in the league below and further from home).

But I could be wrong.

4 hours ago, Kenny McQuade said:

My dad was one of the first in the junior game with a B licence, qualified for over 30 years. Not sure if you just guessed that he hadn't but you're way off the mark. With regards to his health he is doing just fine, just choosing to spend some more time with the family. He is 70 after all

And looks like he is at least 10 years younger.  He is the guy i really feel for . A real Arthurlie legend seeing the club fall apart must be heartbreaking for him.  

@das scooter boywill absolutely hate me for this shout but I'm just throwing it out there - what about Billy Mason?  Certainly knows the game and has the passion for it and has taken Shortlees to a League/Scottish Cup double.

Again Scooter will hate me but Mason also has the chance to bring some right good players into the Junior grade with him.

ETA - Not for a second saying he is interested or would be interested.

I wonder how long before they decide who the new manager is hopefully soon so they can sort out the team seen a few people have left already so replacements have to be brought in. Mon the lieeee [emoji838] [emoji836] [emoji838] [emoji836]

Jimmy is an absolute gent and a fantastic influence on a dressing room but I could understand him wanting to take time away from football. Great to hear he’s doing well, last bumped into him in Florida a couple years ago and he was in fine spirits.

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 08:27, Kenny McQuade said:

f**k me is wee Jimmy that age ! Sun tan must make him look younger lol

Been about for years right enough, no many characters like him going around now. (great wee guy)

In saying that I,m  in ma 50,s noo so that's about right.

The Lie could do a lot worse

Archived