SJFA AGM this Saturday

Brig O'Lea

7 hours ago, theesel1994 said:

"Saltcoats Vics were unable to field a team v Kilwinning Rangers in the first round of the Scottish Cup. The tie was forfeited. No further action to be taken against Saltcoats given the mitigating circumstances."

This is true, we understand the decision, but rules being dished out on individual occassions was a bit hard to take, can’t remember an understanding management committee when we were deducted 19 points for something there still isn’t a rule for and nearly went out the  game. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The reality is that all the vote does is formalise the questionnaire from early in the season. Nothing will change as long as the SJFA hold its current position.

If that is truly what TJ intended to do, armed with his "mandate", then he'll continue to hit his head off a brick wall.

Surely the West clubs who want to move into the Pyramid will now take matters into their own hands.  The PWG have already discussed setting-up WoSFL and inviting applications.

If that is truly what TJ intended to do, armed with his "mandate", then he'll continue to hit his head off a brick wall. Surely the West clubs who want to move into the Pyramid will now take matters into their own hands.  The PWG have already discussed setting-up WoSFL and inviting applications.

Where is it said they are inviting application? (Not saying they aren’t just looking for more info)

I agree with you in the brick wall but with division in the west between the old Ayrshire and Central clubs it a bit more difficult to solve. I would like to see it happen but for me it’s not as straight forward as it was in the east.

Where is it said they are inviting application? (Not saying they aren’t just looking for more info)

I agree with you in the brick wall but with division in the west between the old Ayrshire and Central clubs it a bit more difficult to solve. I would like to see it happen but for me it’s not as straight forward as it was in the east.
My understanding is that the SFA and EoS are looking at establishing a WoSFL and then asking clubs to join.

Obviously the WRJFA joining as a block and morphing into the WoSFL would probably be better but there's no guarantee that will happen.

Not sure if West Region clubs are already talking amongst themselves over how to progress this.

On 21/05/2018 at 20:49, Tynieness said:

16 May 2018

To : All Clubs; Regional Secretaries, Management Committee.

Dear Sir / Madam

Given the conjecture following the recent meeting of the Pyramid Working Group, I thought it would be helpful to clarify the purpose of the meeting and what happens next.

The meeting was convened following a SFA Board Meeting on 21 April, where the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting which would allow the Juniors to be integrated into the Pyramid system.  The Group would be led by the SFA President.

Present at the Group meeting were representatives of the SFA, SJFA, EOS and LL with Highland League and SOS joining by conference call.

Discussion took place on how integration would work in terms of Registrations, Discipline and Fixture Lists in particular.  We were unable to resolve all the issues at the meeting however it was agreed that the SFA Board be appraised of the progress at their next meeting in June.  N.B. None of the issues raised appeared insurmountable.

The Chairman decided that a “straw poll” be taken regarding the Junior involvement in the Pyramid which was: 

EOS     – No.  However they did suggest that they had no objection to the West joining at Tier 6
SJFA      - Yes.
SOS    - Yes.
HL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.
LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.

Further discussions took place regarding the Juniors entering a joint East / West combined Superleague in the Pyramid.

The SJFA Secretary advised he would contact the SFA Board requesting a decision at their meeting in June.

Yours faithfully

T.A. Johnston
T.A. Johnston
SECRETARY

43 minutes ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

I believe i'm getting my meetings right. The above is meant to have been the SJFA slant of the last PWG meeting.

The SFA Pyramid side has been reported as being a little more negatively to an integration of the SJFA. It was more strongly indicated looking at a start up WoS league as it was seen as a void currently in the pyramid. Any start up league would have to be open to interest from multiple sources, which is why it is seen as being open to applications.

My sources from the AGM tell me that the preference from the vast majority of West clubs is that the WRSJFA should move over en masse to the pyramid bUT still under the banner of the SJFA. Some clubs voicing the need for speed in this matter and that they wouldn't wait forever for it to happen so TJ really needs to get his finger out pronto. 

Not surprisingly some resentment towards EOSFL at what is seen as blatant poaching and trying to unsettle West clubs by offering to set up a WOSFL.

Also some talk of reverting back to the old Ayrshire and Central Regions from some of the smaller clubs if there is a mass exodus from the higher Leagues.

All gleaned from impromptu chats and informal discussions I might add not spoken about at the meeting itself.

Still a lot of loyalty to the SJFA but a realization that some clubs are more ambitious than others.

My sources from the AGM tell me that the preference from the vast majority of West clubs is that the WRSJFA should move over en masse to the pyramid bUT still under the banner of the SJFA. Some clubs voicing the need for speed in this matter and that they wouldn't wait forever for it to happen so TJ really needs to get his finger out pronto. 
Not surprisingly some resentment towards EOSFL at what is seen as blatant poaching and trying to unsettle West clubs by offering to set up a WOSFL.
Also some talk of reverting back to the old Ayrshire and Central Regions from some of the smaller clubs if there is a mass exodus from the higher Leagues.
All gleaned from impromptu chats and informal discussions I might add not spoken about at the meeting itself.
Still a lot of loyalty to the SJFA but a realization that some clubs are more ambitious than others.

Just wondering from the conversations you’ve been privy to how those involved would incorporate the non junior clubs who may apply?
The fact there is resentment to the eosfl displayed is utterly laughable as there was no ‘poaching’ and their offer to set up a west league is obviously of no actual benefit to themselves. This ‘resentment’ is exactly why the sjfa can’t be allowed to run the west pyramid. If they can’t clearly see the world isnt out to get them and the fault lies within then its just about proven every critic of them right.
The fact TJ didnt even offer a resignation yesterday shows just how out of touch the organisation is.

33 minutes ago, santheman said:

1.  The SJFA cannot move wholesale into the Pyramid as a seperate Association. If there is still loyalty from some to the SJFA, let them remain outside the Pyramid to look after their interests and let the rest form the WoSFL.

2. There was no poaching at all by the EoS, ask any club that moved who approached who first, just another paranoid myth propogated by the SJFA and which has been noted by the EoS.  The fact that the EoSFL is still being criticised by the Junior Blazerati underlines why the SJFA can never be accepted into the Pyramid. All goodwill gone.

What's the point in keeping the SJFA intact if the juniors clubs move into the senior pyramid?  They will no longer be junior clubs.  I can't see any way of the SJFA running the leagues in the seniors.  What would the benefit be other than those in power now keeping their positions?

You can't be a junior club in the senior pyramid.  

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

Only telling you what the word on the street was away from the meeting from some of the delegates I've spoken to.

No need to shoot the messenger and all that.

I think what you've heard is what most people following this would have expected to hear. Which is why there's disappointment in it.

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think what you've heard is what most people following this would have expected to hear. Which is why there's disappointment in it.

Maybe from those who want to see a fully integrated pyramid but don't underestimate the loyalty a lot of clubs still have to the SJFA.

Maybe from those who want to see a fully integrated pyramid but don't underestimate the loyalty a lot of clubs still have to the SJFA.
Which is why the most realistic way forward (if not the simplest) is for a WoSFL to be formed and let clubs who want to move into the Pyramid join it.

Those loyal to the SJFA remain with them, and continue to operate as a separate Association as normal.

2 minutes ago, santheman said:

Don't think anyone's underestimating at this point. It's the same take they've had for over 5+ years now. Some of the clubs that moved to the EoS this year only did so because they felt they had no choice in it, that certainly the impression that the Linlithgow guy has given in the press.

The same's likely to happen in the West with the likes of Clydebank due to go, others will jump on board but not everyone.

The Linlithgow guy though wasn't really giving an accurate picture of the situation at Linlithgow though, there were plenty of fans and a significant portion of the committee who wanted to move. It took other teams moving to give them the final push but I think its unfair to say they moved as they felt they had no other choice.

Archived