SJFA AGM this Saturday

Brig O'Lea

3 minutes ago, TheNauld said:

Scott Robertson will be back in as secretary, I’ll put my house in it, that’s the reason the committee has done what they have with creating a fixture secretary. So the split away from the juniors can’t come quick enough for me and we can get shot of the deadwood that is the SJFA

It was the SJFA AGM today not the West Region AGM.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were Stonehouse accepted back in as I believe that had to be done in the SJFA agm rather than a regional one.

If they were coming back in it would have been discussed today, I’ve not heard anything regarding them yet

2 hours ago, Arthurlie1981 said:

The reality is that all the vote does is formalise the questionnaire from early in the season. Nothing will change as long as the SJFA hold its current position.

The PWG meeting last month took a straw poll about the Juniors joining at tier 6 - the HL/LL said:

"HL/LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved. "

So until these issues are resolved - and they seem to be fundamental to what the Junior "grade" is - then how can the SJFA/West Region join en masse at tier 6? Not to mention the integratoin of the SoS.

Registrations- will be retention rule abandoned and same registration process as SFA which I can't see as an obstacle at all as registrations using same system and won't be much of a difference at all?

Discipline- get SJFA into line with SFA maybe for example two yellows = red and suspended for next game instead of SJFA points rule for second bookable offences. Again won't be much to come into line with SFA for SJFA just would be a few minor things to come into line with SFA.

Fixture lists: I think will be resolved at next West Region AGM once fixture secretary appointed and then will put fixtures out to end of year then to end of season in November then East and North will follow suit with fixtures for full season and scrapping end of season cups. Only problem is Scottish Cup dates which are being moved so doesn't clash and taken out our two of our worse winter months all being well.

South of Scotland teams will be the major stumbling block as top 3/4 may wish to not lose their chances of going up if have to play off v West of Scotland league winners....

SoS are already in the pyramid.

So they are so probably play off v West / East winners or all winners go up to Lowland League if promotion places opened up. If not then South of Scotland v West of Scotland to go up?!

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Were Stonehouse accepted back in as I believe that had to be done in the SJFA agm rather than a regional one.

No new clubs this season. It would have came up at today's AGM. 

2 clubs mentioned as leaving though. Lewis United folded and Inverness City going into abeyance for a season.

Here's what I wrote on another thread :

There were 157 entries this year (Islavale withdrew before competition started - I've gone on the assumption they will be suspended next season).

Less 25 clubs from the East Region & 1 from the West Region going Senior = 131

Lewis United (folded) and Inverness City (taking a year out) = 129

3 clubs withdrew from this years competition after being drawn to play (Saltcoats Vics, Johnstone Burgh & Cruden Bay) = 126

(I'm assuming they are all suspended from next year's competition).

So this means one round less next season?

22 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Here's what I wrote on another thread :

There were 157 entries this year (Islavale withdrew before competition started - I've gone on the assumption they will be suspended next season).

Less 25 clubs from the East Region & 1 from the West Region going Senior = 131

Lewis United (folded) and Inverness City (taking a year out) = 129

3 clubs withdrew from this years competition after being drawn to play (Saltcoats Vics, Johnstone Burgh & Cruden Bay) = 126

(I'm assuming they are all suspended from next year's competition).

So this means one round less next season?

I’m not quite so sure. 63 + 32 + 36 gives us 131 clubs left in the Juniors. 

This is what the rule book says about scratching:

9. Any club intending to scratch must give notice to the Secretary of the Association, prior to the first round of the Competition - otherwise they may be reported to the Committee of the Association who shall have the power either to compel such offending club to pay expenses incurred by their opponent - or take such action as they may deem expedient. Any club withdrawing from the Scottish Junior Cup after the commencement of the competition shall not participate in the following season’s competition.

So I agree that it is likely Johnstone Burgh and Cruden Bay will be suspended this year. 

Equally however it seems clear that Islavale are entitled to enter this year should they wish to as they gave notice prior to the draw that they wished to be excluded. 

Saltcoats Vics is harder to call. The fixture they failed to fulfill was in round one and they clearly let people know in advance they couldn’t put out a team. The question is whether this notice was sufficient or not?

So I think we have either 128 or 129 teams entitled to be entered in a one fixture Round 1. Of course Islavale or another north team could still ask not to be entered meaning Round 1 isn’t required even if Saltcoats are allowed back in this year.

17 minutes ago, ShrimpLok said:

Any club withdrawing from the Scottish Junior Cup after the commencement of the competition shall not participate in the following season’s competition.

Saltcoats Vics is harder to call. The fixture they failed to fulfil was in round one and they clearly let people know in advance they couldn’t put out a team. The question is whether this notice was sufficient or not?

They withdrew after the commencement of the competition. 

You also have the complication that Auchinleck Talbot, Beith Juniors and Banks o' Dee get byes for winning their Leagues/Scottish Junior Cup and Girvan get a bye as well. So there will be a round less.

EDIT :  the bye is for their participation in the Scottish Cup, not for the winning the league etc.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

They withdrew after the commencement of the competition. 

You also have the complication that Auchinleck Talbot, Beith Juniors and Banks o' Dee get byes for winning their Leagues/Scottish Junior Cup and Girvan get a bye as well. So there will be a round less.

EDIT :  the bye is for their participation in the Scottish Cup, not for the winning the league etc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottishjuniors/status/911159993910661120

Saltcoats withdrew on the 22nd September, tweet above from SJFA is 9 hours before Maryhill kicked off the 2017-18 Cup campaign. 

So it’s before commencement but only just, hence why it may be a borderline case.

Archived