Europa League 2018-2019

GNU_Linux

Mkhtarian been told he’s allowed to travel but they can’t guarantee his safety. Also Arsenal and Chelsea have released their ticket allocation to general sale due to season ticket holders and club members not taking up the allocation. They have 70,000 season ticket holders between them

UEFA have seriously fucked this one up

Bit late to the party but Baku might be a bit awkward for Mkhitaryan

Very awkward, it now transpires.

Call me naive, but surely there are ways and means to secure someone’s personal safety for a football match ? [emoji44]

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/21/arsenal-henrikh-khitaryan-miss-europa-league-final-safety-chelsea-baku?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/16/uefa-handed-azerbaijan-europa-league-final-baku-chelsea-arsenal?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

It’s not just Armenian citizens that can’t travel to Azerbaijan, citizens of other countries who have an Armenian sounding surname (ending in -ian or -yan) aren’t admitted. Apparently some fans have been unable to get visas for the final due to this issue. Disgraceful that it’s been allowed.

It’s not just Armenian citizens that can’t travel to Azerbaijan, citizens of other countries who have an Armenian sounding surname (ending in -ian or -yan) aren’t admitted. Apparently some fans have been unable to get visas for the final due to this issue. Disgraceful that it’s been allowed.
I'd also be denied an Azeri visa if I applied, having "illegally entered" by visiting Karabakh.

I'd also be denied an Azeri visa if I applied, having "illegally entered" by visiting Karabakh.
No you widnae ive been a few times and I have an Armenian stamp in my passport [emoji6]

Arsenal have sold “around 3000” tickets and are expected to hand back the other 3000. Chelsea haven’t announced their sales yet but someone on Twitter mentioned similar numbers

It was mentioned on the totally football podcast that those were the numbers.

12 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:
13 hours ago, ICTChris said:

A friend of mine is on a list of people banned from ever entering Azerbaijan because of having visited Karabakh and authorities finding out.

The final should never have been held in Baku, regardless of the political situation. It's not even in Europe and it's fucking miles away from everywhere. Just like the decision to have Qatar host the World Cup, this decision stinks.

A massive f**k you to UEFA would be for Arsenal and Chelsea to boycott this match and hold their own game at Wembley.

The final should never have been held in Baku, regardless of the political situation. It's not even in Europe and it's fucking miles away from everywhere. Just like the decision to have Qatar host the World Cup, this decision stinks.
 A massive f**k you to UEFA would be for Arsenal and Chelsea to boycott this match and hold their own game at Wembley.

If Arsenal didn’t need a win to get into the next champions league that would be a plausible idea

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

If Arsenal didn’t need a win to get into the next champions league that would be a plausible idea

and so we get to the bottom line.

going to a game where some of their fans are told they wont be allowed because of their nationality and that one of their players will be forced to miss because of his nationalty,arsenal should have told them to poke it

5 hours ago, The OP said:

https://www.france24.com/en/20190524-arsenal-chelsea-return-unsold-europa-league-final-tickets

Arsenal and Chelsea, after complaining about their paltry 6000 each allocation, are returning unsold tickets. Baku’s a great place for a final but.

no problem with a final going somewhere far flung but ive a big problem with a european final going somewhere where not every player or visiting supporter will be welcomed due to where theyre from

Fans getting tops checked and asked to remove them if they have Mkhitaryan on the back of them.

I seen a video on twitter of the police stopping lads with the name in the shirt but let them walk on and didn’t remove the shirts