Europa League 2018-2019

GNU_Linux

Guest DAVIDB69
Minsk'd it
That is quite possibly the biggest "shat the bed" moment I have seen .  With 15 minutes to play they were going through and conceded 3 goals

There is something quite suspicious about that result

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Also last minute drama in Romania where Steaua Bucharest needed a 93rd minute penalty to knock out Hajduk Split.  The Croatians looked set to go through on away goals

It wasn't a penalty. But pretty decent scenes nonetheless.

Absolute stinker of a result for Feyenoord over two legs... :lol:

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

It wasn't a penalty. But pretty decent scenes nonetheless.

Absolute stinker of a result for Feyenoord over two legs... :lol:

My bad, misread where the (P) Icon was on the UEFA site, the first goal for Steaua was a penalty.

Feyenoord probably get the award for worst performance of the round.  You figure they should at least have been competitive with a team from Slovakia

If Celtic win the playoff then we will almost certainly be a second seed.  There are 11 teams with a higher coefficient score still in with a shout of being in the group stage draw and we would need no more than 4 of those teams to be in there. 

Rangers will most certainly be a 4th seed if they make it in.

2 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

It is impossible for Rangers not to be in pot 4 - there's only 7 teams ranked lower than them left in the competition.

Ah Ok, I hadn't bothered to do the count of the teams lower.  Pot 2 could be a tough pot as there could be a few teams from the Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga in Pot 3.  Knowing Celtic's luck we will get a group with Sevilla, Red Bull Leipzig, and Burnley

8 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Ah Ok, I hadn't bothered to do the count of the teams lower.  Pot 2 could be a tough pot as there could be a few teams from the Bundesliga, Serie A, and La Liga in Pot 3.  Knowing Celtic's luck we will get a group with Sevilla, Red Bull Leipzig, and Burnley

I’m sure Fraudgers would be happy with Burnley, although I can’t see them beating Olympiakos.