Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

5 minutes ago, quickoverayard said:

City got a favourable draw. Liverpool and United got shockers

To be fair there probably really wasn’t a favourable option. I don’t think Bayern will be overly pleased either. Bring it on :)

1 minute ago, quickoverayard said:

Hhhhm i think bayern will have too much for Liverpool. Hope im wrong but i only see city progressing.

I don’t really watch a lot of German football but definitely very tough. Being at home first certainly worked well for Liverpool last year and least Van Djik will be back for the 2nd Leg. 

I don’t really watch a lot of German football but definitely very tough. Being at home first certainly worked well for Liverpool last year and least Van Djik will be back for the 2nd Leg. 
Klopp will know Bayern better than anyone. Yeah centre half pairing for first leg is a worry. Hope Liverpool can do it but its thw hardest ask they've had apart from last seasons final

Bayern have also had a lacklustre domestic season (by their standards) thus far & are sitting 3rd nine points behind Dortmund. Barely scraped past a fourth tier side with a strong side in the DFB Pokal thanks to an 80th minute winner. Following round was a 2-1 against anothet fourth tier outfit.

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Bayern have also had a lacklustre domestic season (by their standards) thus far & are sitting 3rd nine points behind Dortmund. Barely scraped past a fourth tier side with a strong side in the DFB Pokal thanks to an 80th minute winner. Following round was a 2-1 against anothet fourth tier outfit.

That’s a bit more like it Linux ... :)

36 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Some great ties, here is how I rank them in order of mouth-wateriness

Atletico vs Juve

Liverpool vs. Bayern

Tottenham vs. Dortmund

Schalke vs. man City

Man Utd vs. PSG

Lyon vs Barcelona

Ajax. vs Real Madrid

Roma vs Porto

It's a shite draw. The majority are predictable, only doubts you have are Spurs v Dortmund, and Atletico v Juve.

I'd be stunned if Liverpool, Man City, PSG, Barca, Real and Roma don't all win fairly comfortably. Bayern are horrendous this season

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a shite draw. The majority are predictable, only doubts you have are Spurs v Dortmund, and Atletico v Juve.

I'd be stunned if Liverpool, Man City, PSG, Barca, Real and Roma don't all win fairly comfortably. Bayern are horrendous this season

Ooft, that's a negative outlook.  Bayern may not be reaching the heights they had been in previous years but they are still a good team, when you think horrendous you think Man Utd not Bayern, plus they will have a transfer window to re-tool so I don't think that one is going to be as predictable as you think. 

38 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Ooft, that's a negative outlook.  Bayern may not be reaching the heights they had been in previous years but they are still a good team, when you think horrendous you think Man Utd not Bayern, plus they will have a transfer window to re-tool so I don't think that one is going to be as predictable as you think. 

No neither do I. A lot of football to be played before then and it will be interesting to see how things stand for both clubs come February. 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

What sort of draw would you have liked to have made it not a shite draw?  There's some very good ties there.