Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Just now, true_rover said:
5 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:
Dalot is playing on the right of the central defensive 3. It's not his natural position and it's the obvious weakness for Barca to attack. Solskjaer must be planning to dump Jones and Rojo at the end of the season.

He's playing wide left?

He started on the right of the defence. It looks like Solskjaer has switched him. Shaw is struggling against Messi. 

1 minute ago, meanmistermustard said:

Theatrical reactions by McTominay.

Embarrassing dive. Felt contact, waited, then swung his leg back.

No idea what to make of that Smalling challenge. Hes obviously not just meant to let Messi control the ball, but Chris Smalling smashing Messis nose is not something I'll ever encourage.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There was nothing wrong with that challenge by Smalling, was there, Steve? Okay.

I sometimes forget how shite it is listening to English commentators when the opposition is not English.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Yea Iv not got a problem with the challenge. Hard but fair and most importantly won the ball

Big issue for Man U is Messi now looks entirely pissed off. He generally uses that to score an absolute worldie.

4 minutes ago, meanmistermustard said:

Jones signed a new contract recently as did Young and I think Smalling. Would think they would be high up on who to get rid of but obviously going down the Scotland approach of loyalty to old above new blood.

I did not realise that Jones had signed a new deal. He was out of contract at the end of the season. 

IIRC Herrera, Mata, Darmian and Rojo are out of contract so Solskjaer will have the opportunity to improve the squad .