Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

23 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

It's still shite. Why should they be kept apart ?

I prefer it. European ties against a team from the same country just aren’t quite the same.

Liverpool still managed to meet Chelsea 10 times in 5 seasons. 

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Aye because this competition has changed over the years right enough.
Why should the teams be separated?

The competition is a joke and it's fixed perfectly so the usual teams play one another.

Not sure GMan. Can only think as said before it’s to do with the appeal of teams from different countries meeting for TV, Sponsors and supporters? 

There’s definitely plenty of self preservation going on and it’s hard to see how it’ll change any time soon. 

25 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I may follow the same team as him, but I am not his mate. He is totally embarrassing  on here now. Don't get me wrong, I love taking the pish  on the rare occasion I can, but this guy just wastes it for everyone. 

Apologies, I forgot you’re not a real fan to him because you don’t attend every game and post pictorial evidence.

6 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Apologies, I forgot you’re not a real fan to him because you don’t attend every game and post pictorial evidence.

There’s plenty of supporters of clubs out there who only go to a few games or maybe even not at all and that’s fair enough.

Your nose is also just out of joint because you used to spout all sorts of nonsense and generalisations about stuff only seen on the telly. Thankfully a few facts and the odd photo has changed things for the better over the last 5/6 years :)

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

There’s plenty of supporters of clubs out there who only go to a few games or maybe even not at all and that’s fair enough.

Your nose is also just out of joint because you used to spout all sorts of nonsense and generalisations about stuff only seen on the telly. Thankfully a few facts and the odd photo has changed things for the better over the last 5/6 years :)

Strange post given that you’ve made considerable effort to disregard anyone who doesn’t go to all home and at least 3/4 away games as not being a ‘real fan’.

The odd photo... at least you’ve got a sense of humour :lol:

1 minute ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Strange post given that you’ve made considerable effort to disregard anyone who doesn’t go to all home and at least 3/4 away games as not being a ‘real fan’.

The odd photo... at least you’ve got a sense of humour :lol:

Ach I know I hit a raw nerve all that time ago but I was just yanking your chain HM :)

13 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I may follow the same team as him, but I am not his mate. He is totally embarrassing  on here now. Don't get me wrong, I love taking the pish  on the rare occasion I can, but this guy just wastes it for everyone. 

Broadly agree with this, yeah.

Treating P&B as your own personal blog is a pile of shite.