Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

4 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

I wonder if they fix the draw to avoid potential poweder-keg fixtures like Dinamo Zagreb vs. Red Star?

Red Bull Salzburg, PSV, and AEK are pretty good, any other teams will struggle to get much in the group stages

i think AEK are average bar their striker, but they are very organised

I wonder if they fix the draw to avoid potential poweder-keg fixtures like Dinamo Zagreb vs. Red Star?

Red Bull Salzburg, PSV, and AEK are pretty good, any other teams will struggle to get much in the group stages

Balkan clubs havent been kept apart for a long time. Hell they even let Albania & Serbia play each other in Euro 2016 qualifying (where the infamous drone & ensuing rammy occured).

7 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

How are Celtic getting....oh sorry, forgot.

In the Europa League alongside Aberdee... no, never mind.

1 minute ago, The DA said:

:lol:

They'd be ripped apart by either side tonight.  Fucking journeymen with delusions of adequacy.

Lucky neither team won a league with a shite coefficient then.

2 minutes ago, The DA said:

Anyone else think it's ridiculous that one of Ajax or Dynamo Kiev is going out while some teams get a free ride, courtesy of Sky funding?

Yes, but it's fair to say both of these teams best hope will be to finish 3rd in the group that the winner of the tie ends up in.

4 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Yes, but it's fair to say both of these teams best hope will be to finish 3rd in the group that the winner of the tie ends up in.

I'm not so sure.  This is pretty AND effective football from both sides, but especially Ajax.

And, Two Little Birds... you don't get that level of culture from your average EPL team.

Edited by The DA