Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

31 minutes ago, Dele said:

£4,500 for a ticket to a football match. :shutup

2 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Ridiculous price. 

And then you've the cost of getting there, accommodation and food/drink.

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Correct. Watching football is a rich mans game now unfortunately

If you don’t qualify to buy a ticket and are left looking at paying thousands for one off a tout certainly. But then again that’s been the case for a long time.

PS ... What about that 2nd half ...  :D

Interesting where they have played the fan zones for the game compared to what was discussed earlier in the season. Clearly don't want English fans damaging the main city centre and shunted them over to Colon.

Pretty much no one here is lookin forward to it, from taxi drivers to work colleagues they just want it done and most people away for the weekend, including me, thanks to the spurs fans that are paying me a ludicrous amount for the weekend for my place.

The red dots are flying amongst the silence ... it’s absolutely delicious :D

There’s only one place any real football fan in Madrid will be next Saturday night :)

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

3 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The red dots are flying amongst the silence ... it’s absolutely delicious :D

There’s only one place any real football fan in Madrid will be next Saturday night :)

I know you're a troll and real football fan is your schtick, but you latched on to a successful corporation years ago because they were on TV (yet this is your primary method of slagging people) and follow them instead of your local team. You're going to a match that will be dominated by corporate attendees (my work bizarrely have got some) and those who have sold tickets allocated by them as well as the moneyed "fan" who can pay over the odds. You're the antithesis of a real football fan, the vacuous celeb sucker who mindlessly attached themselves to a footballing corporation in the same way that someone prefers Samsung to Apple in a bid to attach some meaning or feeling to your life. The fact you go to some games and spend money is meaningless. The feelings are artificial in the same way mine would be if I had chosen Juventus as a child and watched them just because I liked them on football Italia back in the day. It's all very strange. 

20 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I know you're a troll and real football fan is your schtick, but you latched on to a successful corporation years ago because they were on TV (yet this is your primary method of slagging people) and follow them instead of your local team. You're going to a match that will be dominated by corporate attendees (my work bizarrely have got some) and those who have sold tickets allocated by them as well as the moneyed "fan" who can pay over the odds. You're the antithesis of a real football fan, the vacuous celeb sucker who mindlessly attached themselves to a footballing corporation in the same way that someone prefers Samsung to Apple in a bid to attach some meaning or feeling to your life. The fact you go to some games and spend money is meaningless. The feelings are artificial in the same way mine would be if I had chosen Juventus as a child and watched them just because I liked them on football Italia back in the day. It's all very strange. 

Sometimes JP you can’t beat trolling the trolls :D

A Stirling Albion fan in Madrid eh. You seem awfully keen to categorise me for some reason I’m sensing fragility. I watch loads of local football far more than down south. Was at Clyde last Saturday, the Lowland League Cup Final last Sunday, Larkhall during the week and even the Scottish Cup final today. 

Next Saturday night will be my 47th Liverpool match of the season and I’ll be standing with the same group of mates I have at the previous 46 well away from any corporate areas. 

Mon the Reds :)

36 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Sometimes JP you can’t beat trolling the trolls :D

A Stirling Albion fan in Madrid eh. You seem awfully keen to categorise me for some reason I’m sensing fragility. I watch loads of local football far more than down south. Was at Clyde last Saturday, the Lowland League Cup Final last Sunday, Larkhall during the week and even the Scottish Cup final today. 

Next Saturday night will be my 47th Liverpool match of the season and I’ll be standing with the same group of mates I have at the previous 46 well away from any corporate areas. 

Mon the Reds :)

I don't want to derail this thread as you do everywhere but you're very defensive. 

Yes, a Stirling Albion fan in Madrid. Why is that relevant? I'm from Stirling and support them as it's where I'm from (novel concept for you) I now live in Madrid. Not really difficult. Bit creepy of you tbh. 

The rest of your post solidifies what I said. You attach yourself to a corporation you saw on TV that was successful for meaning, it means nothing. Totally artificial success for "a real football fan". The last part is utterly tragic, I've never seen a grown man so desperate to inject meaning and convince himself that it's authentic. I really feel for you.

4 minutes ago, JMDP said:

I don't want to derail this thread as you do everywhere but you're very defensive. 

Yes, a Stirling Albion fan in Madrid. Why is that relevant? I'm from Stirling and support them as it's where I'm from (novel concept for you) I now live in Madrid. Not really difficult. Bit creepy of you tbh. 

The rest of your post solidifies what I said. You attach yourself to a corporation you saw on TV that was successful for meaning, it means nothing. Totally artificial success for "a real football fan". The last part is utterly tragic, I've never seen a grown man so desperate to inject meaning and convince himself that it's authentic. I really feel for you.

All those Lolverpool posts I’ve derailed eh JP :D

Its amazing what a few seasons following a smaller Scottish team before moving too far away to make the games seems to do to people. 

You are trying your socks off here to convince yourself otherwise that god forbid someone else might actually be enjoying themself. 

I’d get back to your wee dots to make yourself feel better :D