Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

18 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Liverpool had a full side apart from Firmino who came on to score the winner. They weren’t below strength at all.

PSG had Buffon, Alves, Kehrer, Kurzawa and most importantly Verratti missing. They were forced to play Marquinhos in midfield (which at the time he had barely ever done) and the likes of Neymar and Mbappe were struggling for fitness in league games prior.

When they had a full side, PSG were excellent. Destroyed Red Star both games, were unlucky vs Napoli to draw twice and easily beat Liverpool in France.

PSG’s problem is that their starting XI is excellent but beyond that they fail to produce. They heavily rely on Neymar and Verratti to playmake and create chances, and both have had large chunks out this season.

Firmino a big miss although Sturridge did score and also no Fabinho who was still settling in or Chambelain. 

Worst champions League final ever. It's a joke that a team can be the best team in Europe but aren't even the best in their country
Why ? City couldn't beat Tottenham and thus won't be considered the best team in Europe regardless of league form. That's pretty fair tbh. Madrid won 3 in a row and scudded pretty much everyone whilst not being the best in Spain.

15 minutes ago, Dele said:

I heard on the radio that Liverpool had flown out this morning but just seen Rab say its nearly a fortnight away. 

Seems a lot of added expense on their part. 

A warm weather training camp away from the hype is pretty much standard I’m sure.  

27 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

A warm weather training camp away from the hype is pretty much standard I’m sure.  

He's taking them to Marbella to train for a week then flying back to Merseyside for a few days then back out to Madrid. 

Seems utterly mental. 

Spurs on the other hand are doing normality then flying out on Wednesday week. 

3 minutes ago, Dele said:

He's taking them to Marbella to train for a week then flying back to Merseyside for a few days then back out to Madrid. 

Seems utterly mental. 

Spurs on the other hand are doing normality then flying out on Wednesday week. 

He does it all the time so not surprised.  

4 hours ago, Dele said:

I heard on the radio that Liverpool had flown out this morning but just seen Rab say its nearly a fortnight away. 

Seems a lot of added expense on their part. 

Its fk all to a club like that and pretty much standard practice.  Spurs are just being skinflints as usual.

I suppose you could just decide to not say that the European champions are the best team in Europe since hardly anyone else says it anyway.

That’s a sensible approach

And providing nobody mentions the Lisbon Lions it should work

I just did but I think I’ll get away with it

22 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
On 08/05/2019 at 22:55, dysartrovers said:
Worst champions League final ever. It's a joke that a team can be the best team in Europe but aren't even the best in their country

Why ? City couldn't beat Tottenham and thus won't be considered the best team in Europe regardless of league form. That's pretty fair tbh. Madrid won 3 in a row and scudded pretty much everyone whilst not being the best in Spain.

I think it just shows that it's virtually impossible to win both the domestic league and Champions' League in the same year (I say this despite being far too lazy to check when someone last did it). You have to concentrate on one or the other.

13 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Spurs has this week issued indefinite bans to three Season Ticket Holders who have listed their ChampionsLeague Final tickets for sale on a secondary ticketing platform.

They shall look to take the strongest possible action against anyone found to be engaging in such activity.

Good to see. Fair play to them.

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Spurs has this week issued indefinite bans to three Season Ticket Holders who have listed their ChampionsLeague Final tickets for sale on a secondary ticketing platform.

They shall look to take the strongest possible action against anyone found to be engaging in such activity.

Good for them. Frightening figures for tickets  doing the rounds. 

29 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Good for them. Frightening figures for tickets  doing the rounds. 

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-liverpool-fans-face-lifetime-16309752

Five Liverpool fans are facing the prospect of lifetime bans from Anfield for illegally trying to resell Champions League final tickets for up to £4,500.

The supporters have been identified by the club's investigations team who have been closely monitoring online secondary ticketing platforms.

Serial numbers on the tickets have enabled the Reds to trace them back to who they were initially sold to.

Edited by Rab B Nesbit