Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

s'quite funny how The Best Comeback In A football Match Ever In The Entire History Of The Known Universe Ever By The Bestest And Most Fantastic Team Ever To Play In All Of Football Ever Described With The Most Fantastically Big Amount Of Superlatives Ever managed to hang on to it's hyperbolic title for barely 24 hours....

4 hours ago, Twinkle said:
5 hours ago, Falcor Roar said:
Are you a Spurs fan or is that to make up for making a totalcunt of yourself on here in respect to Liverpool?

What are you slavering at?

Well you've said this

20 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Yass!!!!!!

Gonna have an interesting time going through some of these anti-Spurs posts from earlier

Yass!!!

You were getting carried away after the first leg which Liverpool lost and then they went on to win the tie. Now you're going to revel in people prematurely predicting Spurs exit before their comeback? If you're a Spurs fan then that's fair enough. But at halftime you said

21 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Getting outplayed by a better team, plain and simple

Ah Llorente coming on, looks like Poch has chucked it

Yass!!!!!!

I am a Spurs man however the sight of Llorente wearing a Tottenham strip makes my toes curl. Ive also said this numerous times on match threads when Spurs are playing

3 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I am a Spurs man however the sight of Llorente wearing a Tottenham strip makes my toes curl. Ive also said this numerous times on match threads when Spurs are playing

:whistle

25 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

s'quite funny how The Best Comeback In A football Match Ever In The Entire History Of The Known Universe Ever By The Bestest And Most Fantastic Team Ever To Play In All Of Football Ever Described With The Most Fantastically Big Amount Of Superlatives Ever managed to hang on to it's hyperbolic title for barely 24 hours....

^^^^

Man United fan spotted ... 8)

14 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Fair enough then. Good luck in the final. 

29 minutes ago, Lost In The Humming Air said:

Money is everything now though.

Hmmm. Spurs haven’t spent a penny in the the few transfer windows and Liverpool knocked out a side containing 2 of its previous best players prised away for about £80 million and £140 million.  

Iv just not long seen the goals from lastnight as I didnt manage to see the game.

Spurs second goal was a horrific display of defending.

After this season I know horrific defending, and that was watch through your fingers stuff.

Messi is the best player to grace a football park imo but im too young to have seen Diego.

Facts are liverpool turned barca over not messi, them as a team arent what they were but hats off to liverpool as winning 4-0 is up there with the turn over against AC.

Im more gutted that Ajax never made the final because if they reached it and won that would be a win for football and what can be done if you invest in an infrastructure.

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Wonder no longer, The answer is 14

European Cup/Champions League:

1999-00: Real Madrid vs Valencia
2007-08: Man United vs Chelsea
2012-13: Bayern Munich vs Borussia Dortmund
2013-14: Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid
2015-16: Real Madrid vs Atlético Madrid

UEFA Cup/Europa League:

1971-72: Spurs vs Wolves
1979-80: Eintracht Frankfurt vs Borussia Mönchengladbach
1989-90: Juventus vs Fiorentina
1990-91: Inter vs Roma
1994-95: Parma vs Juventus
1997-98: Inter vs Lazio
2006-07: Sevilla vs Espanyol
2010-11: Porto vs Braga
2011-12: Atlético Madrid vs Athletic Bilbao

You've understandably forgotten about the "classic" 2003 CL final between Juve and Milan. 

1 hour ago, Lost In The Humming Air said:

The football romantic in me wanted Ajax in the final. That injury time goal was truly horrible and it now means a boring all English final. Money is everything now though.

English clubs but each has only approx 50% English players in the team.  

Not trying to make any point except to agree that money rules,  as it always has but it's more global now. There would have been more Scots 30  or 40 years ago.

Ffs, can hardly believe how we have declined.

6 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The upside of Ajax going out is that the global TV audience is no longer at risk of being subjected to that horrible Purple and orange Liverpool away strip
IMG_0061.jpg

Agreed top cat :lol:. Although playing in red hasn’t brought Liverpool much luck in finals recently. 

44 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The upside of Ajax going out is that the global TV audience is no longer at risk of being subjected to that horrible Purple and orange Liverpool away strip

IMG_0061.jpg

It's horrible but I've seen a lot worse.

It's likely that there will be special "limited edition" strips to screw the fans out of even more cash.  

That's in addition to the limited edition scarves, hats, t-shirts, polos etc etc. 

8 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

It's horrible but I've seen a lot worse.

It's likely that there will be special "limited edition" strips to screw the fans out of even more cash.  

That's in addition to the limited edition scarves, hats, t-shirts, polos etc etc. 

What a hardship eh ... :lol: