Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

Is that not the very definition of a gloryhunter?  People from Inverness, who have a pretty decent team in their own city, driving for hours to go and watch Rangers or Celtic?  

True and a few good lower level teams up that way too but guess you make the sacrifices and follow your heart. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes, a very successful team. The definition of a Glory Hunter mate.

Very successful eh. You’ll give the Lolverpool squad a heart attack :lol:.

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

True and a few good lower level teams up that way too but guess you make the sacrifices and follow your heart. 

How is it a sacrifice though?  You're choosing to ignore a team from the town/city you are from, to follow one hundreds of miles away.  One which you have no real connection to.

Just now, Adam said:

How is it a sacrifice though?  You're choosing to ignore a team from the town/city you are from, to follow one hundreds of miles away.  One which you have no real connection to.

A lot of time, money and everything connected to that. 

A lot of time, money and everything connected to that. 

That’s your choice though, isn’t it? There are some fans who seem to think they deserve respect or applause because they follow their chosen team. A bit like the Sevco WATP mentality.

The reality is that anyone can follow whoever they choose and it doesn’t make you special to be part of that fan base. Spending x amount of money or time doing it doesn’t mean you merit special praise for it.

ETA: I don’t mean that to get at you personally Rab. You are alright really, only a bit annoying sometimes [emoji6]

I know Rab likes to make it all about him but can the rest of you stop doing it too FFS?!

At least with it being Spurs v Liverpool it'll be a good watch as a neutral. Would love to see Andrew Robertson playing and picking up a winners medal, but at the same time it'd be great for Pochettino to win it. I think Liverpool are just about the more likeable team.

7 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

That’s your choice though, isn’t it? There are some fans who seem to think they deserve respect or applause because they follow their chosen team. A bit like the Sevco WATP mentality.

The reality is that anyone can follow whoever they choose and it doesn’t make you special to be part of that fan base. Spending x amount of money or time doing it doesn’t mean you merit special praise for it.

ETA: I don’t mean that to get at you personally Rab. You are alright really, only a bit annoying sometimes emoji6.png

:D ... nothing taken personally Jambo. 

You are absolutely right it is my choice but don’t think I really want any special praise. 

It does make me chuckle when you read / hear about the so called best fans in the world. The best are the ones who follow the likes of Berwick Rangers / East Stirling home and away. Doesn’t mean others should just be dismissed though like some on here are keen to as if other watching a team do well dents their own ego. 

14 minutes ago, Estragon is a fud said:

Make the sacrifices :lol::lol::lol: 
Follow your heart :lol::lol::lol:

You supported Liverpool because they were one of the biggest clubs in the world, won most weeks and were usually in the hunt for trophies most season. You wanted to live vicariously through their success as a self-esteem boost, like all gloryhunters.

It's funny how everyone who "supports my dads team"/"just followed my heart"/"dont know why i support them just do" happens to support a big 5 team in England or the OF and not Shrewsbury or something isn't it :rolleyes:

The fud speaks :D

Glory eh ... let’s hope so. 

I don’t know where you’ve been but I’ve said for years of course I’m a glory hunter. An 80s one. 

15 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Yass!!!!!!

Gonna have an interesting time going through some of these anti-Spurs posts from earlier

Yass!!!

Are you a Spurs fan or is that to make up for making a totalcunt of yourself on here in respect to Liverpool?

Edited by Falcor Roar

On 02/05/2019 at 06:37, MONKMAN said:

That’s enough about the irrelevance of Liverpool and Klopp, winning absolutely nothing again this season. There’s not enough talk about Messi for my liking, that free kick though...

98342364-2D17-4E46-B793-FCACAFCB4A59.jpeg

13 hours ago, CountyFan said:

It's almost like it's a knock out cup competition. 

Nobody bats an eyelid when the top two teams in a given country don't contest the national cup final, why on earth would we expect the champions league to be any different? 

I see what you're saying but it is different though. These are 2 leg ties and it's the biggest competition in club football which surely makes a difference. Many of the big clubs in England for example don't put the same effort into winning the FA cup. 

4 hours ago, Estragon is a fud said:

That's an absolutely sickening result. I can't believe how much fortune has gone in their favour this season. They never even deserved to get through the Group Stage ffs.

Will be actively supporting Liverpool in the final. The thought of this little jumped up West Ham tier club winning the big one is too much for me. Also hope that mouthbreather Kane misses the final, big Llorente deserves a start

A team that concedes 1 goal at home between both the quarters and the semis while scoring 6 away from home dont deserve to go through, id say given their away form spurs deserve everything they have gotten so far, both City and ajax were dreadful at managing their home ties against spurs

31 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

A not unreasonable assertion

But one that if you go and look at the premiership forum you'll see a lot of people arguing vigorously against 

In my lifetime they are very successful.

Not won much for a few years but still a successful club.

My point was around that’s why armchair fanboys like Rab have chosen to follow them.

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:02, lanky_ffc said:

Surely Valverde is the bottler here? Sets up in away games with the intention of keeping teams at arms length rather than putting them to the sword. They've been lacklustre in plenty league games in his reign and that's now 2 spectacular surrenders in the CL.

Barcelona have had 4 humpings away from home in little over a year - 4-0 at PSG, 3-0 at Roma and Juventus, and 4-0 on Tuesday. There's a serious problem with their mentality. I think they float through most matches, and often when they're not great Messi does something amazing and pulls them through. But when they're under pressure, it's a very rare experience and they are prone to collapsing. 

On ‎08‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 10:18, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It looks very much as if the new EPL TV Deal has at least restored the balance and probably pushed it the other way. I'd be surprisedIf the EPL isn't in number one spot in 2 years time 

Spurs haven't spent any money on transfers for a while, though obviously the TV money helped them keep players who would otherwise have got better offers elsewhere.

17 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Big question now..
Liverpool play in red
Ajax play in red & white....

Who gets home kit for the final ?

Spurs.