Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

What a night :)

I’ve seen Liverpool topple a few at Anfield over the years but it was hard to see any way through last night. Quick goal from Origi but Barcelona looked like scored every time they went forward. Allison was outstanding in goal and combination of that and some pretty desperate last ditch defending kept it at 1-0 at the break. 

Enter Wijnaldum at half time and he was like a caged lion let loose. Pure bedlam when he headed that third one went in :D

If that was bedlam then 4th was dreamland. Liverpool stood firm and saw the 5 mins stoppage time out and the bench just flooded the pitch at the final whistle. Was still in the ground about half an hour after :lol:.

Liverpool are in the Champions League final again. Just let that sink in :D.  

7F8DF86A-ABC4-4411-A72F-A1FC318642C2.jpeg

6B3EA3D3-EE4C-4739-8A98-7BCE895F7D9C.jpeg

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

22 hours ago, Twinkle said:

How ye get pumped again

17 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Fowler, the man who once celebrated a goal by pretending to sniff a line of coke, talking about Suarez being disrespectful by celebrating his goal in a Champions League semi final....who then goes on to say that Liverpool should try and wind him up to get him sent off emoji38.png

I hope Barca give these bin dipping b*****ds a drubbing

Some absolute gold on here. 

Has anyone seen Twinkle toes since about 10 past 9 last night ? ... :D

Absolutely sensational from Liverpool last night.  Certainly didn't expect that, but what a second half.  Barcelona just didn't know what to do. 

Some brilliant performances in the home side last night.  Fabinho showing why he should be as important as Salah, Mane & van Dijk in this side.  Matip putting in the performance of his life at the back as well.  TAA with two out of this world assists and Origi popping up with yet another winner in this remarkable season.   Henderson absolutely everywhere.  Shaqiri I felt was brilliant off the ball, but poor on it, which is the most unShaqiri like performance you'll get.  Albeit, he popped up with a brilliant cross for Liverpool's 3rd.  I'm absolutely delighted for James Milner though, he's everything you want in a player for your club.  Will give the absolute maximum every single game and will put a shift in wherever you ask him to.  Brilliant stuff.  Hopefully Andy Robertson is fit for the Final.

Like most others, Liverpool v Ajax is the Final I want to see.  I think it'll be a fascinating watch.  Can Ajax do it again, considering they've turned over Real, Juve and Spurs?  Or will Liverpool's press be too much for Ajax to overcome?  That'll be a cracker.

12 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

And none of the 4 actually win the league!

And that just proves how tough it is to win the EPL and a European competition in the same season. 

Liverpool could get 97 points and finish second. They will be at least 20 points, possibly 26, ahead of Chelsea in third. That's a huge difference. 

With the huge UCL revenue again, Liverpool will have the funds to improve the squad further. The gulf between the top two and the rest will probably grow next season.

Considering the players out for Liverpool can we say that's the greatest come back in champions league history or would you give it to another game?

Off the top of my head the only other two contenders would be Barca vs PSG or Milan vs Liverpool in Istanbul. Think on balance i'd probably give it to Istanbul- swayed by the Djimi Traore  factor. 

Edited by Londonwell

Some absolute gold on here. 
Has anyone seen Twinkle toes since about 10 past 9 last night ? ... [emoji3]. 
Liverpool deserved to go through. Barca completely shat the bed last night.

Still a fuckin horrible club with a scummy fan base. Last nights heroics will never change that fact :)

20 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Liverpool deserved to go through. Barca completely shat the bed last night.

Still a fuckin horrible club with a scummy fan base. Last nights heroics will never change that fact :)

It was just a wonderful night Twinkle. Scummy eh ... ever been to a game involving Liverpool ? 

On 01/05/2019 at 22:53, Dele said:

:lol:

Kudos, I was wondering who'd be the first to say it. 

Liverpool probably edged that game from the hour or so I seen, yet somehow were the less dangerous. 

Tie over. 

:D 

That was a really good performance from Liverpool last night, thoroughly deserved. Barcelona were completely anaemic and got what they deserved. 

Thought Origi, Henderson and TAA were particularly brilliant. Don't really get the praise for Allison, he did what was needed but every save was routine. Some of Barcelona's finishing was hilariously bad.

I love Robertson as much as the next man but that was idiotic last night, he really should've gone if that was seen. Tbf, Fabinho and Suarez should have gone too.

Hopefully Ajax go through tonight, be great to see them get what they deserve for a fantastic journey through the competition.

1 hour ago, Londonwell said:

Considering the players out for Liverpool can we say that's the greatest come back in champions league history or would you give it to another game?

Off the top of my head the only other two contenders would be Barca vs PSG or Milan vs Liverpool in Istanbul. Think on balance i'd probably give it to Istanbul- swayed by the Djimi Traore  factor. 

The only other one I can think of is Deportivo overturning a, I think, 4-1 deficit against AC Milan by winning 4-0 at home circa 2001.  That was a superb Milan side as well. 

On 01/05/2019 at 22:10, JMDP said:

That was a lovely watch. Barca have done that to loads of teams this season. Messi has pretty much dragged them to the title on his own. 

Scousers pretty much done, if city don't f**k up that will be a minimum of 8 (EIGHT) years without a trophy for the hipsters manager of choice. 

28 minutes ago, JMDP said:

That was a really good performance from Liverpool last night, thoroughly deserved. Barcelona were completely anaemic and got what they deserved. 

Thought Origi, Henderson and TAA were particularly brilliant. Don't really get the praise for Allison, he did what was needed but every save was routine. Some of Barcelona's finishing was hilariously bad.

I love Robertson as much as the next man but that was idiotic last night, he really should've gone if that was seen. Tbf, Fabinho and Suarez should have gone too.

Hopefully Ajax go through tonight, be great to see them get what they deserve for a fantastic journey through the competition.

:) 

On 01/05/2019 at 22:02, virginton said:

Liverpool will never keep clean sheet and as soon as Barcelona get the away goal, it’s done. Stick a fork in the scousers now.

A fork eh ... 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit