Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

2 hours ago, pandarilla said:

The interviewer got it spot on with the klopp interview, I could've listened to him all night.

Incredible football.

As much as some on here will never be able to bring themselves to do it, you have to give Liverpool all the credit there. A simply heroic performance.

Some, there will be loads in tears n snotters mode.

I was working tonight and therefore missed the game and hoped to catch the highlights when I got home.  However, I somehow managed to avoid the result, then managed to miss the highlights when I got home and decided to catch up with the match here.

Thank you P&B folk, the last half hour reading this thread has made my week; you are all champions in my eyes.

X  

Boys and girls ... just how good was that. 

What a read this thread will be in the morning ... night all x 

PS ... 

Mon the Reds :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  :D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D  :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

I wanted Barca to win this but they got what they deserved, as did Liverpool who were worthy winners.

Barca looked like a team that thought all they had to do was turn up and they paid the price for their arrogance.  Poor game management by Valverde and some very poor individual performances.

Hope Liverpool go on to win now; I’d love to see Andy Robertson pick up a CL medal.

All I've heard all week is that 'Barca aren't what they used to be'. Granted, they don't play with the same style as they did when they had Xavi and Iniesta dictating things with Puyol marshalling Pique, but the way the English media has been playing them down because of their 'rope a dope' style has been TalkSport esque. They've utterly pished on the best the EPL has to offer as Liverpool having only lost 1 EPL game all season.
The tie is done. I just hope Ajax can finish the job against Spurs.

Liverpool have utterly pished on the best La Liga has to offer. The tie is certainly now done.

I used to think Arnold was a good young player but nothing particularly special.

His performance last night was absolutely incredible. How Kieran f**king Trippier gets ahead of him for England I'll never know.

On 01/05/2019 at 23:03, JMDP said:

Needs more smilies. Delicious.

People seriously suggesting there are teams other than Barca that are the best in Europe as well. They were miserable by their standards tonight and still pumped a side that are going to win 97 points in the EPL who put in a good performance. To stretch the boxing analogy further, it was like when Lennox Lewis said that even on his worst night, he knocked out Frank Bruno on his best.

They are clearly the best in Europe, wrapped up the best quality league with the most strength in depth with games to spare and will most likely win the CL for Spain's sixth in a row. 

Good Morning :D

I was working tonight and therefore missed the game and hoped to catch the highlights when I got home.  However, I somehow managed to avoid the result, then managed to miss the highlights when I got home and decided to catch up with the match here.
Thank you P&B folk, the last half hour reading this thread has made my week; you are all champions in my eyes.
X  

The highlights are up on YouTube for those of us that missed them.

I listened on Radio so that’s the first time I saw ...

Actually, no spoilers

If it ends up a Liverpool v Spurs final then there's no chance I'm watching it. I think I'll pull my fingernails out with pliers instead.

Can’t see Spurs turning it around, but Liverpool vs Ajax would hopefully be a great final.

Credit where its due, never seen the second half as was on my way to work but that's some turn around. 
Hopefully Ajax make it through, an all English final would bore the tits off me (and most others, I'd expect) 
Why would it bore you?

I'm no great fan of English football but obviously I know much more about the English teams than I do Ajax (or pretty much any European teams).

Now I get that if you put the time in and watch European leagues closely that you also know other teams - but why would Liverpool spurs bore you? Spurs are not a boring team to watch.

I think the word you're looking for is annoy.

Why would it bore you?

I'm no great fan of English football but obviously I know much more about the English teams than I do Ajax (or pretty much any European teams).

Now I get that if you put the time in and watch European leagues closely that you also know other teams - but why would Liverpool spurs bore you? Spurs are not a boring team to watch.

Yeah Liverpool and Spurs are both fairly enjoyable teams to watch, and I'm no premier league fanboy. Ajax would be my preferred finalist but I still think a Liverpool vs Spurs final would be decent entertainment.

Got to hand it to Liverpool, they certainly deserved to go through over the two legs.

La Liga has been stronger for the last 10 years but I don’t think it is anymore. The sheer amount of money in the EPL has finally taken its toll and it’s now the strongest league in the world IMO. City and Liverpool are both better than Barca this year.

We could have 4 English finalists out of 4 for the 2 European competitions come Friday.... remarkable scenes.

21 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Why would it bore you?

Tottenham have won 1 of the last 15 matches against Liverpool, and Tottenham wouldnt have Harry Kane.

Liverpool would absolutely coast it.

Guest Moomintroll

I thought that Liverpool were unlucky to lose 3-0 in the first leg on the balance of play, they were excellent last night & fully deserved to go through.

Indeed...

I still stand by what I said. Nobody predicted an under strength Liverpool to win like that yesterday.

As I said in the very first line of my post, under normal circumstances it would have been a great second leg. Liverpool weren't out of it if you watched the first leg. But Origi somehow comes in and plays the best I've ever seen him. Alisson had his best Liverpool game to date. Milner plays his best game in 6+ months.

The Wijnaldum comment is still accurate. He played in a different position last night.

There's far worse comments than mine if you go back a few days.