Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

A certain Dunfermline fan, recently banned from here isn't taking this result tonight well on Twitter, those familiar with his hatred of all things Liverpool will not be surprised.  :lol:

please screenshot

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You don't understand what institutional means.

The whole champions league project has been one that's ensured finance and success was shared by a handful of elite clubs in Europe.

It has f**k all to do with Liverpool tonight, who are right up there with spending power, and quite clearly Ajax are the real footballing heroes of this year's competition.

(But your hatred for any English success in Europe is always enjoyable)

Liverpool's recent spending reflects the contribution of the £142 million that Barca paid for Coutinho. 

That's looking an even worse deal after his performance tonight, rightly hooked after an hour.

And who remembers Klopp's crazy faith in Karius now?

Just now, Flybhoy said:

Not allowed to post screengrabs or links to a posters social media on here, I got a ticking off for that last year.

ah ok that is truly a shame, i can only imagine what he has wrote

Just now, Bairnardo said:
2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:
Not allowed to post screengrabs or links to a posters social media on here, I got a ticking off for that last year.

Fucking shitebag

I expected better of Magee, he used to just do what he pleases on here and create another account after the inevitable banning.

Following the rules, that wasn’t what Magee used to be about. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

I expected better of Magee, he used to just do what he pleases on here and create another account after the inevitable banning.

always struck me as the  type of guy to send "anthrax" to a prominent member of parliament,  to see him like this is a shame

Would love to see a wee swap deal with coutinho and hazard. Hugely disappointing for Barca, to win the CL in Madrid this year would have been hugely symbolic with events politically in Catalonia right now.  Probably saved some of their fans from a shoeing from the Spanish police though.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Genuinely disgusted with that. What a pussy. 

2 minutes ago, DanMc99 said:

always struck me as the  type of guy to send "anthrax" to a prominent member of parliament,  to see him like this is a shame

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

Pipe down no-mark. I’m trying to get Magee banned again here. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Genuinely disgusted with that. What a pussy. 

:rolleyes:

Credit where its due, never seen the second half as was on my way to work but that's some turn around. 

Hopefully Ajax make it through, an all English final would bore the tits off me (and most others, I'd expect) 

I think under normal circumstances without the injuries it could have been a great second leg. Now it's possibly looking like some combination of Origi/Brewster/Mane up front for Liverpool which wont do it against Pique and co.
The Wijnaldum experiment didnt work last week so I don't see that happening again.
Wouldn't surprise me if they try and get Suarez sent off and kick Messi off the park. Especially Milner if they're still in the game when he presumably gets subbed on. He's been more aggressive than normal the past few weeks. I think his legs are gone now and he doesn't know how to deal with it. His performances have nosedived since October/November.
1-1
Indeed...