Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

4 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Liverpool fans have started an online petition to try to get Barcelona forward Lionel Messi banned for the second leg of their Champions League semi-final for allegedly punching Reds midfielder Fabinho. (Mirror)

The scousers taking their cuffing with their usual good grace I see.

Probably a good idea to rest him for the final anyway tbf. 

1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I can’t quite work out where they’ve suddenly all come crawling out from eez-eh ... :D

I admire your dedication to replying to absolutely everything.

31 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You're really not helping yourself with pish like this.

Are you proposing that we turn this into a serious discussion about the Champions League ? 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

5 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

First game up being liverpool v Barcelona.

Looks like Salah and Firmino will be missing it out. Shame.

Should be a good game to watch in the back ground as tie is more or less over. 1 away goal will make it secure I reckon.
Lenglet Alba and Suarez will have to be careful. I presume if they get booked it carries over to the final ?

Salah and Firmino both definitely out tomorrow night. 

First game up being liverpool v Barcelona.

Looks like Salah and Firmino will be missing it out. Shame.

Should be a good game to watch in the back ground as tie is more or less over. 1 away goal will make it secure I reckon.
Lenglet Alba and Suarez will have to be careful. I presume if they get booked it carries over to the final ?
Salah out.... Its pretty commonplace in the Champions League these days to see a bit of a fist made out of the second leg even with margins like this. Would be unusual for a 3 goal deficit to be turned over but a fast and furious start leading to a decent game is often on the cards. Without Salah though, that fast and furious will be seriously hindered. Doubt Barca will fear Sturridge or Origi tbh.

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Do yellow cards carry over? Salah out is a huge blow. I suppose you just never know but this Barcelona team I think still havnt went full pelt. Boys like Vidal was strolling it ( huge player with big experience).

Messi knows if he runs at Virgil their is only gonna be one outcome.

Comebacks have happened but with one of their better players out makes it a bit more difficult.

Also if Barcelona get 1 goal liverpool need to score 5 :-o

I think its game over. Barca are too good as it is, but as I am going out for pints tomorrow night I was at least hoping for a bit of excitement in it. Not sure that can happen now with the guy who can make things happen missing. 

Next best scenario is a Messi masterclass/skelping and listening to a furious Steve "Macca" Macmanaman sobbing. 

Worth remembering Barca absolutely bottled a three goal lead in this tournament last year.

If Klopp has bollocks they stand a chance, if they respect Barca too much they're fucked.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Worth remembering Barca absolutely bottled a three goal lead in this tournament last year.

If Klopp has bollocks they stand a chance, if they respect Barca too much they're fucked.

Klopp has certainly got those. 

He was asked about that last season in his press conference this morning in the press conference. Roma obviously had an away goal. 

Barcelona'team bus stolen. Oh my. 

I've a pretty prominent Liverpool supporter on Twitter and he posted "Good luck parking the bus tomorrow, Barca" last night and now this has come out. 

What a truly horrible set of supporters.