Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

I know everyone is excited by Ajax, but this really is as poor quality a champions league semi as we have seen for a few years. 

I much prefer a cagier spectacle like this to the nonsense, defending-less routs that have been par for the course in recent years.

Spurs should be content enough that they’re still in the tie as they were overrun in the early stages of the game. They might be able to drag Ajax down to their hammer-throwing level in the second leg but Ajax are obviously in the box seats now.

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

I much prefer a cagier spectacle like this to the nonsense, defending-less routs that have been par for the course in recent years.

Spurs should be content enough that they’re still in the tie as they were overrun in the early stages of the game. They might be able to drag Ajax down to their hammer-throwing level in the second leg but Ajax are obviously in the box seats now.

Me too -  but I feel it was more down to blunt attacking (mostly on spurs side) rather than superior defending resulting in a cagey affair. 

Spurs will be content enough knowing they have Son to come back in. 

Spurs obviously miss Son and Kane, but not only that, their next best player Erikson is significantly worse when they aren't playing because he has no-one to feed. You could see him tonight getting the ball 30-40 yards out and he was no threat because his only option was to play in Danny Rose. All things combined meant their front third of their team was non-existent. If they get Son back I think they have a decent chance still.

Just now, Diamonds are Forever said:

Spurs obviously miss Son and Kane, but not only that, their next best player Erikson is significantly worse when they aren't playing because he has no-one to feed. You could see him tonight getting the ball 30-40 yards out and he was no threat because his only option was to play in Danny Rose. All things combined meant their front third of their team was non-existent. If they get Son back I think they have a decent chance still.

Son will be back next week Diamond. Ajax favourites but Spurs will have a good go over there with so much at stake. 

Anyone from the SG reading this:   Time to divert a tiny fraction of the budget away from rebuilting the arts and build a stadium exactly like that Spurs stadia somewhere in the demolished dessert that is the gorbals.  
And call it the Pudding Bowl.

I'm going to watch the rest of Ajax's league games after their season restarts. They were awesome to watch in that first half. 
Liverpool need to get Donny van de Beek.

They’ll probably have sold most the team you saw last night.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Ach its just Rab enjoying himself. 

Racism isn’t funny Mel. Sure they’ll get them from that and hopefully a long ban to follow.