Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Pep is undoubtedly a brilliant manager, possibly the best in the world right now, but the people that label him as the GOAT ahead of the likes of Ferguson are incredibly thick IMO.

5 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Pep is undoubtedly a brilliant manager, possibly the best in the world right now, but the people that label him as the GOAT ahead of the likes of Ferguson are incredibly thick IMO.

I've never heard anyone say he's the best ever, he is the best in the world though.

5 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

Theres also a difference between manager and coach, pep is undoubtedly a great coach, maybe one of the greatest given the way he can make players play the game, however as a manager he has shown massive failings and frailties when it comes to countering opposition, buying players etc

Can you show one manager in history who doesn't/didn't have the same problems?  Football at the top level is quite.hard you know, it's not fifa on the Xbox.

Just out of interest who do you think said this?

'If it really happens (Pep going to Man City) then in comes perhaps the best coach in the world.'

Jurgen Klopp

What about this, given someone up there said he isn't good at countering the opposition

''Tactically he is maybe the best. And I don't say that just because he is our coach at the moment."

Arjen Robben

1 hour ago, Kuro said:

Just out of interest who do you think said this?

'If it really happens (Pep going to Man City) then in comes perhaps the best coach in the world.'

Jurgen Klopp

What about this, given someone up there said he isn't good at countering the opposition

''Tactically he is maybe the best. And I don't say that just because he is our coach at the moment."

Arjen Robben

Jurgen Klopp and Arjen Robben.

what a celebration :lol: 

Absolutely shite celebrations. They think they have just scored a last minute winner to put themselves into a champions league semi final and they celebrate like they have just gone 3 up in a pre season friendly.

This is how you celebrate a goal in a big match

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

This. Ferguson is the best manager ever, Guardiola isnt close yet, building one outstanding squad, when you've already got Messi in place for you, doesnt make you that.

Edited by RandomGuy.

On 4/17/2019 at 22:01, NorthernLights said:

Just went to see the reaction on the Man City forums and saw this thread.  The opening post is heads gone gold.

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/sold-out-cl-qf-vs-tottenham.339898/

Thank you.

I didn't watch the game (but saw the goals on the news) and was briefly confused when I viewed highlights on youtube and saw the score going to 5-3. Great ending to a game. This forced me to read some of this thread and then saw your link - the match thread is glorious stuff. Best comment is one made at 4-4, well before the offside VAR goal - "I can't think of a worse way to lose than this". :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Man City’s record in 2019 is:-
Won: 26
Drawn: 0
Lost: 2

With Pep every loss is criticised so much more than any other manager. In fact some people were so busy criticising him for exiting the champions league that they didn’t even realise Man City won the second leg and beat spurs twice in 4 days.

Man City’s record in 2019 is:-
Won: 26
Drawn: 0
Lost: 2

With Pep every loss is criticised so much more than any other manager. In fact some people were so busy criticising him for exiting the champions league that they didn’t even realise Man City won the second leg and beat spurs twice in 4 days.
People noticed it, and considered it totally irrelevant in a 2 leg tie where both teams know and understand the scorelines required to progress