Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

The CL is a cup competition.  People that say aye but he didn't win that one game so that mean he's shite are morons.  He's brought a standard of football to England never seen in the EPL before and is obviously the best manager in the world.   

Three semis with Bayern a good record and shows he had them competing at the latter stages every year, only daft wee fanboys think not winning the CL in three years is any sort of indictment.

8 minutes ago, Kuro said:

The CL is a cup competition.  People that say aye but he didn't win that one game so that mean he's shite are morons.  He's brought a standard of football to England never seen in the EPL before and is obviously the best manager in the world.   

Three semis with Bayern a good record and shows he had them competing at the latter stages every year, only daft wee fanboys think not winning the CL in three years is any sort of indictment.

Obviously the best manager in the world, yet he hasnt even won the CL with 2 different teams having spent a fucking fortune at city as well

13 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Obviously the best manager in the world, yet he hasnt even won the CL with 2 different teams having spent a fucking fortune at city as well

Yes,it's a cup.competition.  Did you not read my previous post?

f**k sake, I booked a holiday to Barcelona 6 months ago and now I’ve got to spend it with a bunch of bloody scousers wandering about the city pissed. Good thing it’s a big city and I’m there long after the game!

If you could take some photos and pm them to Rab, it’ll save him some trouble scouting twitter etc.

Zidane has won the CL three times out of three as a manager, so he must be the best manager in the world right?  So why did he only manage to win his domestic league once?  It's almost as if the CL is a cup competition.

1 minute ago, 54_and_counting said:

So we can exclude his CL wins with barca then as luck of the cup? 

If that makes you happy.  You.judge a manager on his overall performance, guardiola is the best in the business.

11 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

It's almost as if Pep needed arguably the best club squad in history in order to do well in the CL.

And he actually built that squad, if you knew what you were talking about you'd know that.

1 hour ago, 54_and_counting said:

Up until the var (which was correct in both decisions) i felt spurs were right unlucky, silvas deflected goal minutes after spurs go 2-1 up meant the momentum never swung spurs way, and the city 3rd goal for me was never a freekick that they took quickly

As opposed to Laporte making two howlers? Or the ball going right through Ederson twice in two legs? You can write luck which ever way suits your prerogative. 

Man City were clearly the better side last night and deservedly won. Over the course of two legs I'd argue they deserved to go through but as has been said, they failed to shut up shop at the back or finish Spurs off with their numerous chances. Thems the breaks.