Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

2 hours ago, Dele said:

David Silva whilst being a magnificent footballer for many, many years has always had terrible hairstyles. 

It's taken 12 minutes for 4 goals to be scored and on here we have folk discussing the validity of using carrier bags as goal posts.  hairstyles.

9 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Delighted though I am to no longer have to hear "the quadruple" speculation for the remainder of this season, I fear that the exertion and disappointment from this game is going to bleed into City's next league games and see the scousers get the title. 

City winning the quadruple would be infinitely more bearable than that.

I fully expect City to beat Spurs at the weekend, Plenty of strength to come in amongst the players who didn't start tonight. 

Porto in 2004 the last from outwith the big 4 leagues to win it, Ajax in 1995 the last before that. I think I can put aside my hate for the Ajax away support and hope they win it.

Edited by The OP

Hate how just because it’s called the champions league now that they forget about the past and the old European cup - they behave as if it didn’t exist. Jermaine Jenas confirmed its the furthest Spurs have been ever in the European cup and Linekar kind of just shrugged it off “yeah, of course” like it’s taboo to talk about it. Weird behaviour.

4 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

Would be interested to hear if that withdrawal clears. Wouldn't surprise me if bet365 go back and void it

It won’t clear. 365 incorrectly paid out on Suarez FGS in the first leg last week, and some people tried to withdraw as soon as they had the funds, but were blocked from doing so and the bet reversed.

12 minutes ago, Stevieda said:

Pep getting away without criticism for his awful team selections, especially away from home where an away goal has cost him the tie. Resting his best players for the league.

Agree with this. he is probably the best manager in the world but you need more protection in your midfield sometimes.  He only has one real DM at the club, and with the money spent on that squad that's ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, The OP said:

Porto in 2004 the last from outwith the big 4 leagues to win it, Ajax in 1995 the last before that. I think I can put aside my hate for the Ajax away support and hope they win it.

I wonder what Ajax think of the Celtic away support eh.

Ajax or Spurs in the final. Sounds weird. Just what this competition needed though, a bit of a change. 

A team being pumped full of money by a TV deal making the final is exactly what this competition is about these days.