Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Walton was saying if its touched the arm its not a goal*

*Walton doesnt know the difference between hip and knee... Make your own mind up. The VAR check being carried out seemed to be on the premise of it it touches arm then no goal, otherwise why did it take so long. The touch was always going to be miniscule whether it did or dint haplen so I imagone they concluded it never touched the arm.

Just not sure I agree that it didnt. Although I dont even know what I personally think is a handball anynore

I felt it hit his arm, but there was no way you could call it deliberate, and it would be a real stretch to describe that as an unnatural position.

I also thought the VAR check was more about whether or not the touch on the arm was what propelled it into the goal, in which case it probably would have been disallowed.

1 minute ago, Dele said:

It never glanced his arm. The ball redirected from his arm onto his hip. If it never hit his arm it would rifle into his stomach and most likely drop at his own feet. 

It's handball for me. 

While I agree with you that gaining an advantage from the ball hitting the arm should be a foul, I'm pretty sure there is nothing in the current rules to say that.

It might be a moot point now anyway!

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, The OP said:
7. Tbh I didn’t expect this level of utterly boring, pedantic, “playing the man not the ball” responses to an offhand comment about the scenes when City went to 4-2.

Always the vhictim eh.... SAD

Plus the stereotype is we overcelebrate our meaningless achievements. These c***s needty get on script.