Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Theres an angle where I think it looks to glance the arm and straight onto hip. Then theres an angle where his arm muscle ripples. I think they got that wrong although its so fucking marginal

Is "glancing the arm" in the position that his arm is in enough to disallow that under the current rules?

8 minutes ago, The OP said:

More appearances at this stage than these two clubs combined I’d imagine.

Celtic?

Celtic have 4, Tottenham 2 and Man City 2.

Last Celtic appearance in a Semi Final of Europe's top cup competition was 1974, 18 years before the Champions League started in it's current format. 

Just now, The OP said:

I specified the game I was talking about by being in the appropriate thread while the game was going on. Just like when someone says “why go to VAR for that” they’re not talking about the World Cup final.

You did.  You didn't specify only this competition is to be considered though.  I can't be bothered continuing this, the atmosphere at Parkhead is mince and we all know it.  You are just about as plastic as Man City.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic?

Last Celtic appearance in a Semi Final of Europe's top cup competition was 1974, 18 years before the Champions League started in it's current format. 

This is a quarter final m8.

Peter Walton is an idiot. He said 'well if it hits his arm it's a handball as you can't score a goal with your arm'. Sorry, what?  Where is that in the laws? What happens to the ball after it hits the arm is completely irrelevant, the only decision is whether it was deliberately handballed in the first place. Whether it then goes in the net or in the back of the stand makes no difference. It's worrying when you see ex referees spouting such nonsense.

In the end that was obviously the correct decision. Even if it did hit his hand it is never deliberate and he is not making his body bigger, shouldn't even have gone to a check.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Celtic?

Celtic actually have 7, and those two six between them.  This is a quarter final.

Can see City throwing everything at this in the last five minutes and Spurs hitting them on the break and getting another goal, like Chelsea/Torres in the Camp Nou in 2012.

Edited by IainMorton

Is "glancing the arm" in the position that his arm is in enough to disallow that under the current rules?
Walton was saying if its touched the arm its not a goal*

*Walton doesnt know the difference between hip and knee... Make your own mind up. The VAR check being carried out seemed to be on the premise of it it touches arm then no goal, otherwise why did it take so long. The touch was always going to be miniscule whether it did or dint haplen so I imagone they concluded it never touched the arm.

Just not sure I agree that it didnt. Although I dont even know what I personally think is a handball anynore

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

"glancing the arm" 

It never glanced his arm. The ball redirected from his arm onto his hip. If it never hit his arm it would rifle into his stomach and most likely drop at his own feet. 

It's handball for me. 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

So it is :lol:

Celtic at 6 then, 

7. Tbh I didn’t expect this level of utterly boring, pedantic, “playing the man not the ball” responses to an offhand comment about the scenes when City went to 4-2.