Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

14 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:

Which under FIFA rules banning governmental interference in football would see all Scottish teams barred from International competition.

There has to be ways, government programs of investment in facilities for example, reinstituting of schools leagues, finding for teachers overtime to run teams.  I was obviously being hyperbolic suggesting taking over the governance of the game.

21 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, stevieKTID said:
I think I'm developing a man crush on Frenkie de Jong!
Can only echo what's been said previously by our Nederlands contingent, I'm constantly impressed by the facilities, the level of coaching, their enthusiasm and general involvement by parents, uncles etc over here at all levels, they love their football and it shows.

Will improve Barca even further if Matthijs de Ligt joins Frenkie de Jong there next season as is being speculated.

Think he will but maybe another year at Ajax first, he's very young and there isn't a place for him in the team just now.

Guest Moomintroll
There has to be ways, government programs of investment in facilities for example, reinstituting of schools leagues, finding for teachers overtime to run teams.  I was obviously being hyperbolic suggesting taking over the governance of the game.
That to be fair is far more sensible, unfortunately there is zero chance of this investment happening but it would go a long way towards improving the situation we have right now, you are right.

Being hyperbolic is not the same as talking shite, champ

3 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
Will improve Barca even further if Matthijs de Ligt joins Frenkie de Jong there next season as is being speculated.

De Ligt is immense and is still young so who knows how much better he can become.
The thing i like about de jong, apart from the fact that he's a really good player, is that he always comes across well in his interviews always smiling, speaks well and quite humble, he seems genuinely happy that he's a footballer.

Edited by stevieKTID

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Kuro said:

That to be fair is far more sensible, unfortunately there is zero chance of this investment happening but it would go a long way towards improving the situation we have right now, you are right.

Always bothered me that the Scottish government about ten years ago invested £11 million in Scottish opera, but to my knowledge has.never put.anything into Scottish football over and.above contributing to hqmpden refurbishment.

Ok, I stand corrected, I must have had the wrong information. Maybe it's something like Celtic getting more than some Dutch teams as they get a large chunck of the Scottish TV money where the Dutch money is more evenly distributed?

Celtic got 13.4% of the total SPFL TV and sponsorship revenue as their prize for finishing 1st in the Premiership last season.

It seems unlikely that they got more than any of the big Dutch clubs.