Champions League 2018-2019 Thread

GNU_Linux

4 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

He still played well for being well out of position how they hell Ashley young is still on the park is another question he’s been awful.

Young off Dalot to right back should have happened a good while ago.

I agree but Solskjaer took Dalot off. I can't understand why Young remains first choice RB. 

Just now, ali_91 said:

Messi being completely anonymous in a big game again. Shocked.

Sure he’ll bag a double against some matadors at the weekend for his fans though.

Man Utd isn’t a big game anymore. Think he did the right thing in taking it easy after schooling Atletico.

Just now, ali_91 said:

A champions league quarter final >>> glorified friendly. 

Not when the opposition are garbage. Barcelona could easily qualify from this one without getting out of second gear and the wee man knows it.

They were leaving Young unmarked after a while since he was so fucking useless they could count on him squandering whatever chances he could make. Even the United players were looking anywhere else by about the 70th minute. :lol: Reminded me of The Thick of It when Jamie's watching Ben's Paxman interview and says "even the cameramen are laughing."

3 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

McTominay offers absolutely nothing off the ball, but he actually looks pretty composed on it. Dare I say it, he reminds me of a poor person’s Darren Fletcher.

The vast majority of Fletchers best and most important work was done off the ball.

3 hours ago, accies1874 said:

United making it really tough for Barca. I don't watch La Liga but it looks like they don't know what to do when a team actually press them.

Yeah I suppose.  It's not like they played and beat the best pressing team in the world last weekend, in la liga.  La Liga is the best league in the world, and by far the best to watch, you should give it a try.

Edited by Kuro

6 hours ago, accies1874 said:

McTominay to play well in a Man U pumping, please.

Just in from work and had the game recorded. McTominay was brilliant from start to finish, to play that way against that team with the tackles he won and composure he showed on the ball surely bodes well for Scotland. 

Was half expecting to get to 80 minutes and see him make a f**k up but he never, absolutely solid performance would probably give him MOTM. 

5 hours ago, ali_91 said:

Messi being completely anonymous in a big game again. Shocked.

Sure he’ll bag a double against some matadors at the weekend for his fans though.

Possibly the most ill informed post I’ve ever seen on here. 

Anonymous in the  way he was anonymous in their last CL game scoring 2 and assisting 2 against Lyon? Or scoring a stunning free kick in the 89th minute to help them come from 2 goals down to draw with Villareal? Or scoring in their last big game against league rivals Atletico?

9 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

Possibly the most ill informed post I’ve ever seen on here. 

Anonymous in the  way he was anonymous in their last CL game scoring 2 and assisting 2 against Lyon? Or scoring a stunning free kick in the 89th minute to help them come from 2 goals down to draw with Villareal? Or scoring in their last big game against league rivals Atletico?

Or scoring more goals by miles in the biggest club.game in world football than any other player in history.  And when he says 'matadors' he really means 'teams in the best league in the world'.

Though tbf real Madrid have been shite in the time he's been rattling goals in against them, they've only won the champion's league four times.  As for CL goals, Ronaldo has 17 more goals in 29 more games, with the ratio they both score at their records are virtually identical.  Though Messi will have far more assists.

Edited by Kuro

1 minute ago, Kuro said:

Or scoring more goals by miles in the biggest club.game in world football than any other player in history.  And when he says 'matadors' he really means 'teams in the best league in the world'.

I hope the guy Ali was trolling because if he wasn’t it makes him look very VERY stupid.

4 hours ago, Kuro said:

I just checked, Messi has a CL goal ratio of 0.82 per game, Ronaldo is on 0.78.

This, the BBC are running a "Will Messi EVER catch Ronaldo?" 

They then go on to say, he's scored more per game and is years younger. All the stats point to that he will which wouldn't be any surprise considering it is Messi.